Job TitleJr. Engineer
We challenge you to take an active role in assisting our team in increasing capabilities and efficiency of our CNC machinery.
- Review 3D CAD in SolidWorks
- Make calculations for programming including where materials should be cut
- Translate instructions into SolidCAM
- Communicate with engineers and operators who will use the programs
- Determine sequence of operations in a program
- Choose cutting tools that will be needed
- Write new program and modify existing programs to increase efficiency
- Analyze and select speeds and cutting tools for programs
- Make improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes
- Simplify tooling time for workers and increase productivity using Lean tools
- Implement lean strategies on the production floor
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/home
We are looking for:
- Associates degree in engineering preferred
- 3+ years' experience working in a manufacturing or machine shop environment
- Experience using SolidWorks
- Experience in Six Sigma/Lean
- Knowledge of CNC machinery (Haas)
- Strong PC Skills – Microsoft office Excel
- Strong data analysis skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top