IT Support Engineer - R&D Tooling
Job TitleIT Support Engineer - R&D Tooling
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk.
We are looking for an experienced SW engineer to strengthen our R&D IT team. The main responsibility of the new colleague will be the support and maintenance of the R&D tools created and used by the R&D engineers. Once such a tool has passed the prototyping and development phase, proved its value added for business, it will be handed over to the R&D IT team for further support and maintenance during the life cycle.
This role concerns both existing tools as well as future tools currently in development. Setting up an agreed set of criteria for the IT support intake is part of the initial assignment.
- You will engage with the Research and Development engineers to understand the current tools that need support and maintenance and become familiar with them
- You will be responsible for the continuous availability and reliability of these tools, including analyzing and structurally solving the potential issues
- When requested, you will be responsible for SW improvements, for example front end changes, security improvements etc.
- You will make sure that basic documentation is in place (either obtained from R&D or created by yourself)
- You will engage with the IT organization and R&D to develop a clear and agreed set of criteria for support regarding future tools (necessary tests performed, documentation existing, business owners assigned, deployment methods available etc.)
- You will define, together with R&D/Research, technical guidelines and processes for the non-functional requirements of R&D tools. This includes, but is not limited to, strong security and access control, backup methodologies, lifecycle management, documentation and testing etc.
The R&D IT is a global team supporting Lighting R&D and Research teams all over the globe, with half the team located in Eindhoven and rest located at other sites with relevant R&D representation.
We are part of the Service Operations team of Lighting IT and we offer reliable IT services to the R&D community, enabling the R&D engineers to innovate and achieve the desired speed and flexibility in their work. The position is based in Eindhoven.
Ever wondered what life at Philips Lighting looks like? Check out some of our inspiring employee stories to see what we mean.
We are looking for:
Candidates who share our passion to improve people's live. To be successful in this role, you have:
- A bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, physics or other relevant discipline is preferred
- At least 5 years experience in SW development
- Programming skills in languages as Java, C, C#, ASP.NET, Java script, Python
- Database hosting and management (SQL knowledge); web hosting; web security
- Experience with SW configuration and build management (GIT, Jenkins)
- Experience with security and privacy guidelines, ability to translate into technical solutions and processes.
- Experience in an R&D related environment is desired; familiar with scientific and engineering software is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- You are structured by nature and enjoy bringing structure in an innovative environment
- You enjoy working with different departments, being the linking pin, making decisions after listening to different opinions. You are not afraid to support your choices in front of senior stakeholders
- You take ownership of challenges as they appear and follow them up to completion
- You are a team player and get your energy by working with your colleagues to achieve a common goal
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance.
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Philips career site- vacancy number 258815.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top