IT Security – Information Protection Senior Analyst
Job TitleIT Security – Information Protection Senior Analyst
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk.
This position is a member of the InfoSec Information Protection department within the Information Security Office. You will have a direct role in the proper identification, classification and labeling of digital assets. This role will enable you to have a direct contribution in securing Philips' information in order to support the move into the solutions and connected devices marketplace.
As the Manager, Data Classification, you will be challenged to leverage your technical aptitude, to manage the information classification infrastructure while engaging as a team with information asset owners in order to assist in proper identification and labeling of confidential information. You will be required to quickly gain knowledge and expertise to perform Information Classification processes as a primary resource. As information becomes more free-flowing in our business environment, we need to assure that the appropriate security is provided.
You will also have the opportunity to further advance your career in a company that believes in offering its employees the challenges and opportunities they need to grow professionally and personally. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- Assist the Data Classification program by participating in the delivery of the Data Classification and Document Lifecycle Framework (creation, protection, use, storage/control and disposition) strategy for Philips Lighting.
- Perform operational tasks that would contribute to compliance of Information Classification accordance with established standards and guidelines.
- Provides support for validation of adherence to the InfoSec data classification standard / guidelines.
- Contribute in maintaining comprehensive updates and reporting to the Head of InfoSec Information Protection.
- Contributes practically in key projects, ensuring their compatibility is aligned with the strategic direction.
- Triage support for events and incident management.
- Support for the incident escalation process.
As a member of the Information Classification team, you will report directly into the Head of InfoSec Information Protection of Philips Lighting. The team is focused on protecting data through a lifecycle of creating, protecting, using, storing and disposing of digital assets. The team governs a document labeling framework and corresponding applications. You will be a critical member of the team that strives to ensure confidential data is identified and appropriately labeled. You will work closely with the entire Information Protection team to align objectives with processes.
Ever wondered what life at Philips Lighting looks like? Check out some of our inspiring employee stories to see what we mean.
We are looking for:
Candidates who share our passion to improve people's live. To be successful in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years in IT, including demonstrated aptitude for Information Security practices.
- 3+ years working in an IT team environment.
- 1+ year working in a multinational environment.
- Willingness to get certified in ISC2, SSCP, Security+ or similar Information Security training or certification.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, with a focus on Information Security.
- Working understanding of operational tasks of Information Classification.
- Knowledge of risk assessment processes.
- Ability to be concise and clear in communication.
- Ability to work well in a team to accomplish departmental objectives.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 259312.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by two business interview rounds.
Please note that for this vacancy you need to be living in the Netherlands (or close to the Dutch border) .
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top