IT Applications Manager
The vision of Lighting IT is to enable and accelerate the Lighting Solutions strategy through optimized IT enablement with a strong focus on business innovation, operational reliability, security and compliance and cost efficient IT services that serve their core purposes.
It is your challenge to make IT an integral part of business strategy execution, as close as possible to our businesses. You will accelerate rigorous execution, be operational excellent, focus on compliance and security, provide full cost transparency and provide transparent trade-‐offs and options between innovation and cost efficiency with decision-making and empowerment of IT as integral part of the business teams.
As an IT Service Lead you are accountable to deliver and execute the local services in your scope according to agreed performance and cost levels, manage the required capabilities (people, partners) as a whole (not as silos), and perform lifecycle management of the services responsible. You perform operating level management towards the IT suppliers of the service components. You will enable the seamless ticket resolution for our businesses and are the spokesperson to these businesses on behalf of the local services. Furthermore, you are the enabler of pro‐active communication and prevent situations from becoming an issue through engagement, monitoring, and giving timely information.
In line with the Lighting IT overall guiding principles, Service Operations will be applying the following principles:
Good is good enough
Capitalize on what we have rather than always build new
Configure instead of develop
Strengthen social collaboration and knowledge management
Methodology applied using common sense
Strict focus on operational excellence
True business engagement
Security to meet new cybercrime challenges
Standardization is a key focal point
- Less is more will be the key driver
You will be a member of the regional LATAM Support team in Lighting IT. This team represents the IT services delivered to Lighting Businesses, Markets and Functions. It is accountable for operational reliability, and is responsible for maintaining and operating all local agreed IT services.
The overall goals of the Lighting IT team are:
- Increase the performance of systems meeting the availability SLA target from 95% to 97% by 2019
- Deliver our services end‐to‐end thereby removing silos (KPI's), organize ourselves in a differentiated way (Industrial, Commercial, R&D), and offer business process aligned service levels
- Redefine Service Operations to be cost‐efficient, focusing on realizing services on a cost-‐optimal and efficient way, and deploy cot management throughout the organization.
The specific ones for IT Service Lead are:
- IT Service performance against agreed service levels.
- %changes/projects implemented without causing disruptions
- Service costs within agreed cost levels
- Business satisfaction as per agreed levels
- Partner Engagement
- Employee engagement (including low retention)
We are looking for
For this role, we are looking for an ambitious and experienced candidate, with the right combination of competencies, experience and potential to grow.
You have a Bachelor degree in IT, Business Management or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of IT work experience in an IT Manufacture organization of comparable size and portfolio. You have knowledge with manufacture applications and interfaces with other applications and/or manufacture equipment as well as on how skilled service lead creating and sustaining business value. Finally, you have proven ability to support services and processes to enhance stakeholder value. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Your personal characteristics are:
- Focuses on customers
- Strong supplier management skills
- Is adaptive, collaborative, and executes flawlessly
- Delivers on commitments
- Communicates with impact
- Possesses strong learning agility
- Strong people management skills
- Thorough understanding of Manufacture Business & IT processes
- Deep listening
- Influencing for decision making
- Thorough understands IT Services & Operations
- Drive for Operational Excellence
Your personal knowledge and skills are:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge on applications/solution to support manufacture processes
- SQL and/or Oracle DB Management
- .Net software development (Visual.NET or JAVA or, PHP, etc….)
- Applications and interfaces management with manufacture equipment and other applications
- Experience with SAPME (preference) or other manufacture application
- Team leadership experience
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative and international environment with great opportunities for you to explore, to learn and to grow.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top