IP Licensing Professional
Job TitleIP Licensing Professional
Do you have the IP Licensing experience and the technical, negotiating and legal skills to turn Intellectual Property into assets that support the growth, profitability and competitiveness of Philips' businesses? Can you think 'out-of-the-box' to create new business models and opportunities for exploiting intellectual property rights?
If the answer is yes, then joining Philips Intellectual Property & Standards (IP&S) as an IP Licensing Professional is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in one of the world's largest and best known industrial IP organizations.
By joining Philips IP&S as an IP Licensing Professional, you are joining an international community of IP professionals with wide-ranging technical backgrounds and IP experience, gained both inside and outside Philips. Comprising professionals of many different nationalities who collaborate with Philips businesses across the globe, the Philips IP&S team offers you excellent opportunities for learning and professional networking in order to increase your knowledge of intellectual property matters continue your professional development and accelerate your career path.
We offer you a dynamic working environment in one of the world's leading industrial Intellectual Property organizations together with excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents.
The Roles & Responsibilities
As an IP Licensing Professional, you will
- Develop and realize new IP value-capturing opportunities.
- Initiate investigative studies to identify IP business opportunities, and define and execute licensing programs.
- Lead or participate in projects to realize the potential value of new business cases, including negotiations with third parties.
This requires a very high level of entrepreneurial drive and a can-do attitude. Although you typically operate within a particular Philips business sector (Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle, Lighting or Philips Group Innovation), your IP business development expertise is leveraged across the entire IP&S team.
We are looking for
An experienced IP Licensing Professional with:
- A Technical Masters degree and preferably an additional Business Masters degree
- At least 8 years of experience in IP licensing, preferably in an IP intensive business
- Solid knowledge of Intellectual Property and proven understanding of the commercial value of IP
- Excellent relationship building, influencing and negotiating skills
- A pro-active, entrepreneurial, business-oriented working attitude
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- The confidence and communications skills to operate at all levels both internally and externally
- Fluency in English
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top