IP Counsel - Patent Attorney
Job TitleIP Counsel - Patent Attorney
Do you have the commercial, technical and legal skills to turn Intellectual Property (IP) into assets that support the growth, profitability and competitiveness of Philips' businesses?
Can you think 'out-of-the-box' to create new business models and opportunities for exploiting intellectual property?
If the answer is yes, then joining Philips Intellectual Property & Standards (IP&S) as an IP Counsel is an opportunity to accelerate your career in one of the world's largest and best known industrial IP organizations.
As IP Counsel in IP&S you are operating as a strategic advisor in IP matters to Philips' business and research organizations in the Lighting area. This includes :
- Advising on how to build an IP portfolio providing optimal protection to the business
- Managing the creation of such an IP portfolio and contributing value to Philips' Lighting businesse by capturing value from that portfolio.
- Building and implementing business cases for exploiting parts of the IP portfolio through negotiating licensing and other commercial IP-based deals.
- Managing third-party IP risks, and when needed, seeking to get access to third-party IP at the lowest cost possible for Philips' products and services.
- Handling all IP matters in a wide range of collaborations with third parties.
You will be joining an international community of IP professionals with wide-ranging technical backgrounds and IP experience, gained both inside and outside Philips. Comprising professionals of many different nationalities who collaborate with Philips businesses across the globe, the Philips IP&S team offers you excellent opportunities for learning and professional networking in order to increase your knowledge of intellectual property matters continue your professional development and accelerate your career path.
We offer you a dynamic working environment in one of the world's leading industrial Intellectual Property organizations together with excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. Philips offers you a challenging position with excellent career development possibilities.
We are looking for
An experienced IP Counsel with:
- A Technical Masters degree in e.g. physics, electronics, mechanical engineering
- 5 to 10 years experience in dealing with IP
- A proactive, entrepreneurial, business-oriented working attitude and a proven understanding of the commercial value of Intellectual Property
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building, influencing and negotiating abilities
- The confidence and communications skills to operate at all levels both internally and externally
Fluency in English and French are required. Fluency in an additional European language is a plus.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top