Investigator - Corporate Security
Job TitleInvestigator - Corporate Security
Philips Lighting is the world's leading lighting company. Our lighting business is at the cutting edge of Internet of Things technology, improving people's lives. We are the global leader in LED, providing connected lighting systems for smart cities, smart buildings, and smart homes as well as a host of other applications. Our IPO and creation of a stand-alone company offers a historic opportunity to lead the next chapter of our 125 years history of innovation and industry leadership.
Philips Lighting Corporate Security is a new organization that aims to protect against security threats to the company. Corporate Security's Intelligence and Investigations unit is tasked with the gathering of threat intelligence and conducting security-related investigations.
As Investigator, you will focus on the following activities:
- Conduct of investigations: The systematic and thorough examination of security alerts, -incidents, and situations, and the reporting of the results. On request and as appropriate, you provide dedicated investigative support to Regional and Country Security Managers in their investigations where added focus is needed to mitigate risk.
- Management of investigations: Investigations at Philips Lighting are conducted by a variety of parties, depending on the nature of the investigation:
- Independently by Corporate Security Investigations;
- In co-operation with such other Philips Lighting departments as Legal and Internal Audit;
- In co-operation with such external stakeholders as law enforcement agencies;
- Outsourced to an external service provider.
In all cases, you need to manage the investigation effectively, which includes project-, contract-, and stakeholder management tasks.
- Analysis of investigate results: Work together with Corporate Security analysts to identify compliance risk areas and unfavorable trends, and make recommendations for improvements to minimize risk to the company.
- Further development of the Philips Lighting investigations process. In close co-operation with the Head of Intelligence and Investigations you assist in the design, codification, and expansion of the existing process, thereby raising it to a higher professional level.
- Assistance in the establishment of a background investigations process in support of other business units notably HR: The investigator assists in the design and implementation of a process for the efficient execution of Philips Lighting background checks and investigations (personal vetting). This includes pre-employment investigations for sensitive roles as well as background investigations of current employees. It will also involve co-ordination with Philips Lighting Legal and Human Resources (HR).
- Assistance in the enhancement of a corporate wide due diligence process (DDP): you support the development of the existing infrastructure and assist in the design of a suitable system to conduct due diligence on third parties. This will involve liaison with such functions as Procurement, Legal, and Internal Audit to understand their requirements and potentially liaison with external third party DDP contractors.
- Act as an ambassador for Corporate Security, the Intelligence & Investigations unit, and for the investigations role in general.
- Translate experiences into improvements to the investigations role.
Once the investigations infrastructure is fully implemented, you should expect to travel for approximately 15% of your time.
You will report to the Head of Intelligence and Investigations. The unit is one of five units within the Corporate Security department of Philips Lighting.
The base location of this position can be flexible, though the successful candidate should be prepared to travel to Amsterdam (Netherlands) frequently.
We are looking for
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years proven track record of corporate investigations in an operational role, and not merely in a supporting role.
- 4+ years in a related role. Scope includes but is not limited to public sector; support functions; legal, security, intelligence, and law enforcement roles.
- Experience in a broad range of investigative skills: Interviews and interrogations, evidence handling, liaison, record searches, forensic investigation, reporting, presentation of cases.
- Experience in case management incl. budgeting, time and resource planning, stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of legal systems and understanding of the language of the legal community.
- Experience in international investigations and of working in different countries.
- The successful candidate will likely come from an international corporate environment.
- Investigative qualities: Ability to conduct an investigation in an objective, thorough, relevant, accurate, and timely manner.
- Self-starting ability: the conduct and management of investigations independently.
- Leadership: ability to manage a variety of personnel tasked with conducting the investigations.
- High ethical standards: ability to build trust relationships on the basis of credibility and reliability.
- Flexible attitude: able to deal with unpredictable workloads and types of investigation.
- Communications skills: ability to elicit information from a wide variety of people, from different cultural backgrounds and perspectives, both cooperative and uncooperative. Excellent English writing and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Team spirit: loyalty to the team, solidarity with and support to other Corporate Security functions.
- Language skills: Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. Fluency in a second foreign language is a plus. Advanced level Chinese, Russian, or Spanish (spoken and written) is similarly a plus.
Call to Action
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting.
Apply today via our Philips Lighting careers website. We urge you to apply as soon as possible.
Please note: A pre-employment screening is part of the recruitment process.
Contact: Kirsten Pijls (Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant), +31 6 52890415.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
Philips Lighting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top