Internship: Technical Accounting & Oversight
Job TitleInternship: Technical Accounting & Oversight
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
Then join a world-renowned company and skyrocket your career with the experience you will gain!
This internship gives you the opportunity to work in a professional and highly international environmental. You will be engaged in various projects such as training events and regular research activities performed to help other departments in Philips Lighting.
During your internship, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contributing to the TA&O Specialists' assignments in performing research on particular accounting matters relating to IFRS.
- Assisting in the revision of Philips accounting manual
- Adding your own value in various training events
- Assisting in preparation of accounting presentations on PowerPoint
The Technical Accounting and Oversight (TA&O) team within ARIC is the leading group in Philips Lighting with regards to accounting policies and keeping these policies up to date. Consequently, as an intern you will contribute to the accounting knowledge of our organization.
Within ARIC the TA&O team is responsible for the establishment and communication of the accounting policies of the Philips Lighting. The activities of the team are:
Develop and maintain Philips Lighting Accounting Policies and Directives. The purpose is to maintain an efficient and easy to apply framework of accounting principles that allows Philips Lighting to:
Monitor and support uniform interpretation and application of Philips Accounting Principles to ensure consistency in internal and external reporting and to safeguard Philips interests in case of reviews by regulatory agencies.
Assist in reviewing the financial statements in the Philips Annual Report and other financial statements such as quarterly press releases.
Provide support to Management, Business Groups and Group Staff departments in the application of Philips Accounting Principles and provide advice on the developments in external accounting standards and their relevance for Philips. Consult with external auditors and regulators on the implementation and interpretation of new accounting standards. Advise on reporting issues and accounting standards in due diligence, post-merger integration, disentanglements, impairment-reviews etc.
- Participate and/or provide training courses for finance staff on complex accounting issues and new policies and directives.
You will get a unique overview on the way of working within the Group Center of Philips Lighting. You will be part of the TA&O team.
- Duration: 6-9 months
- Available from October 02, 2017
- This assignment is not suitable to do your graduation/thesis.
We are looking for
A motivated student who is currently studying towards a Master's in Accounting, Finance (basic training in IFRS is part of your education)
We expect from you also to have:
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Some experience in previous internships regarding the same field (preferred but not required)
- Excellent knowledge in windows applications, and most important well-developed power point skills
- Team player mindset with ability to work under pressure
- Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
- A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
- A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Required documents to process your application:
- Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
- EU/EER students: To be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the requirements.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top