Internship: Segment Accounting
Job TitleInternship: Segment Accounting
You will be a part of the Segment Accounting team for Philips Lighting, which is a leading and ambitious department in Philips Finance with the main goal to provide accounting support within the organization. This team partners accounting knowledge broadly within the finance organization. This ranges from being a contact point for Business Groups (BGs) and others on transactional level to provide practical expertise on complex accounting matters on global cross organizational level.
In your role as the Segment Accounting intern, you will support the segment accountants in their day to day activities. This internship gives you the opportunity to work in a professional and highly international environment. You will be engaged in various projects, such as topical reviews, strengthening the oversight over business groups, and many other interesting topics.
Moreover, you will have the great opportunity to work in a team which is dealing with the changing environment of Philips Lighting.
Ready for this challenge? Then, we are looking forward to receiving your application!
During your internship, you will add value to our department through the following activities:
- Coordination of routine financial statement reviews of the business groups;
- Coordination of certain routine financial reporting reviews of balance sheet captions;
- Supporting in documentation of accounting topics (e.g. impairment testing, restructuring);
- Supporting in documentation and reviewing of customer contracts;
- Supporting in data analytics for multiple financial statement accounts;
- Assist in preparing accounting presentations in PowerPoint.
The main departments that you will be in contact with are:
- Accounting Operations
Accounting, Reporting and Internal Controls (ARIC)
- Technical Accounting & Oversight
- Consolidation & Reporting
- SOX & Internal controls
- Statutory & Special Accounting
- Accounting Operations RtR (Record to report) Oversight
- Accounting Operations RtR
The Segment Accounting team is the accounting partner for necessary support to the Philips Finance Business Partners in making the right accounting decisions in the fast changing Lighting business environment. This support drives the reliability of financial reporting of reporting units. The Philips Lighting Accounting team is organized worldwide covering the areas of EMEA (Europe, Middle East Asia), the Americas (North Americas and Latin America) and APR (Asia Pacific Region) and Growth Markets, with the cross sector organized Centers of Expertise.
You will get a great opportunity to learn and develop yourself in a changing environment with a group of professionals who are used to coach junior colleagues.
- Duration: 6-12 months
- Not suitable for thesis
We are looking for
To be successful in this internship we are looking for, you:
- Are currently studying towards your Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Have (preferably) a basic accounting training in IFRS as a part of your curriculum
- Are available for 40 hours a week;
- Are fluent in English (verbally and in writing);
- Have some experience in previous internships regarding the same field (preferred but not required);
- Have excellent knowledge in windows applications, most important are well developed PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Are a Team player with ability to work under pressure and you enjoy working with other people.
- EU candidates are preferred.
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today!
Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
- The content of our regular internship assignments is not suitable for MBA students with professional work experience.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top