Internship: Product Management LED Modules
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
You will be working with a senior product manager to drive the linear LED modules business in the European market. This starts from a strong analysis of the current business and market, to then make key marketing and business decisions about what products to make and how much to sell them for, and to provide support material for our commercial teams.
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
Together we can...
- Define and hone the strategy of LED modules in the European market
- Launch new value propositions for renewed market growth
- Get you acquainted with an area of the business where a lot of core business decisions are being made. As such this provides an excellent training for an ambitious student interested in a career in business management. You will be partnered with an experienced product manager with a passion for people development, to provide an optimal learning experience.
- A self-starter, with commitment to deliver results on time
- Good with data analysis, and with discerning the underlying trends, have knowledge in Excel
- A good and proactive communicator. Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
- Currently studying towards your Master of Science WO in: Business Management, Economics, Marketing Management. Any business type degree, or engineering degree (electrical, mechanical) - the internship will not be deeply technical by nature but focused on methodical problem-solving approach.
- Enthusiastic to communicate with senior stakeholders.
- Available for 6 months and able to start your internship on February 1
- Ready to learn on the job
- Initiative and have strong sense of ownership for your business and tasks.
- With active background in similar roles (internships, volunteering etc. is a plus).
- Students on work placement / final-year study assignment are paid a work placement / final-year study assignment allowance and depending on his/her situation an allowance towards rented accommodation
- Students who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Don't hesitate to apply to this vacancy!
In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be an EU/EER citizen or enrolled at a Dutch university and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
Back to top