Internship: Industrial Design Analyst
Job TitleInternship: Industrial Design Analyst
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. When joining Philips Lighting Research you will make an impact on people's lives with light. Read more!
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern who we are looking for? In this challenging assignment you will drive further harmonization across the regional Packaging Competence Centers of Philips Lighting to increase efficiency in cross-regional packaging creation projects.
The assignment is divided in three phases:
- Analysis across PCC's of the different packaging deliverables: Graphic print file, Colour reference card, Die-line drawing, Pallet stacking instruction, Packing instruction, Artwork specification (114 document), Outerbox label, Lamp marking, Packaging bill of material, 3D beauty shot packaging, 2D planogram image, and Product image.
- Recommendations on further standardization across PCC's
- Support implementation of selected standardization solutions across PCC's
You will be part of the Packaging Competence Center of Philips Lighting. This department is responsible for packaging development for all products in the global Philips Lighting portfolio.
The Packaging Competence Center consists of three regional PCC's:
- PCC APR (with team members located in Shanghai & Shenzhen in China and in India)
- PCC Europe (with team members located in Eindhoven and in Pila & Kętrzyn in Poland)
- PCC North America (with team members in Somerset & San Marcos in the USA)
Every PCC is responsible for both structural and graphical packaging design.
All regional PCC's work according to the same global process. Due to history and regional variations in business requirements there are however differences across the PCC's in the current set of deliverables and local processes.
We are looking for
- Currently studying towards your HBO Bachelor / Bachelor of Science / Master of Science WO in: Industrial Design
- Fluent in English is a must
- Skills: detail oriented and excellent analytical skills
- Background in business administration or Graphic design is a plus
We offer you
- We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be contributing to process improvement and standardization in packaging development while working in a multinational environment and dealing with colleagues from around the globe.
- The opportunity to experience and improve retailer performance for a multinational company
- An inspiring, international and diverse environment where you can share experiences with people from all over the world
- You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your situation also towards rented accommodation or public transport
You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your situation also towards rented accommodation or public transport
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month
- Available as soon as possible
- Duration of minimum 6 months – preferably 9 - 12 months
- Possibility of combining the internship with a thesis project
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge? Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
Please upload your resume through the Philips career site-vacancy number 262022. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a face-to-face business interview.
Contact Person: Silvia Cusumano [email protected]
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. In addition, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship.
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top