Internship: Finance (Philips Lighting Capital)
Job TitleInternship: Finance (Philips Lighting Capital)
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
Within Philips Lighting we have a global Lighting Capital team developing and providing financing solutions for our customers in the Lighting business. Financing is more and more seen as an enabler to fuel growth- after all, by repaying the project costs from energy savings derived from conversion to LED, we are effectively making it a 'no-brainer' for the customer to start a project. We are active around the world to offer our financing solutions for different projects (Office & Industry, Public Sector, Retail & Hospitality), different deal sizes, and working with various partner banks. Ideally we leverage the contacts with various markets as well as scale benefits from working with some preferred banks centrally, to implement financing solutions locally.
- General support of Central team as well as the Lighting Capital Head of Europe, and the various Capital colleagues in the various Markets around the world.
- Inventory and description of available financing solutions
- Support in credit risk assessments and preparation of on-balance financing requests
- Support development of salesforce training, including presentation/ training materials and logistics
- Set-up of a good communication plan between Markets and the central Capital team in Amsterdam.
- Set-up/update of share-point/ efficient central storage of information
- Various other topics to be determined
You will be part of the global Philips Lighting Capital team, a team of financing experts with a small central team in Amsterdam as well as representatives in Singapore, China, India, Europe, US and Latin America; main location is Amsterdam
Our main stakeholders are the regional heads in the Markets, various people from the commercial sales teams, treasury, legal, technical accounting, etc.
During the internship, you will:
- Become familiar with the customer/vendor finance activities of a multinational and the full range of customer financing solutions/products, including on- balance financing.
- Get insights in how to proactively bring such financing solutions to the market (internal + external customers)
- Work with a global and international team
Duration: 6 months – 1 year.
Start date: September 2017
Thesis: Not suitable
We are looking for:
- Currently studying towards your HBO Bachelor / Bachelor of Science / Master of science WO in: Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Economics
- Affinity with financing projects (ideally also with the commercial side/sales process of a multinational company)
- Analytical and Creative thinking
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills; Dutch is considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your level of education and work permit requirements. The offered internship allowances are compliant to the Dutch legislation. You might be eligible for an additional allowance towards rented accommodation or public transportation
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today!
Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
- The content of our regular internship assignments is not suitable for MBA students with professional work experience
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top