Internship: Creative product and content design
Job TitleInternship: Creative product and content design
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
You will be part of a small team working on new types of decorative lighting products: Luminous Patterns & Luminous flooring. You will be challenged to use your graphic/product design talents and skills to create custom product designs, marketing content and product content. Your work will help us drive sales directly and will be of significant importance.
During your internship, you will be supporting our marketing and sales team by creating custom product designs, marketing content and product content for two product ranges. The aforementioned specifically regards to creating customer design proposals, brochures, websites and video animation content.
This internship is part of a small multi-disciplinary team of people building a newly created corporate venture within Philips Lighting called Luminous. Think of it as a start-up within a large company. The venture is focused on the integration of light into architectural surfaces.
We are offering an internship of five to six months, where you will have the unique opportunity to learn and develop yourself in a changing environment with an experienced group of professionals. We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible. This internship can be combined with your thesis project (thesis topic and other details need to be further discussed).
You will see the growth of a venture from close-by via working in our team. You will see the different aspects of corporate venturing in general and get very interesting design challenges in particular to further hone your skills. Your contributions can directly influence the venture's success.
We are looking for
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree of Science in:
- Graphics Design, Graphics Illustration, etc.
- Industrial Design
- Architecture or Interior Design
- Have a passion for design. You have a sharp eye for what is contemporary, trending, and "hot".
- Have a carefully fashioned portfolio filled with excellent examples of sketching, vector graphics, geometric compositions, patterns, web design and page layouts. Your portfolio expresses your excellent and passionate presentation layout abilities.
- Are motivated, creative and pro-active: You are able to take direction from the team leader and manage your own assignments, juggling between different projects with a mix of priorities.
- Are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (required).
- Are fluent in verbal and written English
- Have some previous experience with working with suppliers, design agencies, marketing agencies, etc. (is a plus)
- Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
- A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
- A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
- Portfolio (pdf or internet link) if available
You are allowed to combine your Cover Letter and Resume into one document
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
- The content of our regular internship assignments is not suitable for MBA students with professional work experience.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top