Internship: Commercial Policy Europe (Business Transformation)
Job TitleInternship: Commercial Policy Europe (Business Transformation)
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
We are looking for out-going individuals that are looking for a steep learning curve to support us in our Business Transformation.
Work within the Business Transformation Team to support the implementation of a Commercial Policy in Europe by:
- Supporting the implementation of the Commercial Policy strategy
- Supporting the roll-out and development of the European Pricing strategy and framework
- Maintaining and developing pricing tools (SAP and SPA tool) to control the European pricing behavior
- Developing a monthly analysis and reporting of European pricing behavior
- Taking ownership of own projects and see them through from start to finish (specifically development of a database for the price maintenance of the European product portfolio)
You will be part of Business Transformation and thereby working in the Commercial Policy Project Team. The Commercial Policy project offers you the great opportunity to work in an international team with a broad stakeholder map. You will be able to gain insights into the pricing strategy execution of a global technology company. The location for this position is in Eindhoven at the High-tech Campus.
We welcome you to a challenging and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- Duration:6-12 months
- Available from September 2017. Other start date open for discussion
- The internship could be a thesis or a non-thesis internship (can be discussed)
We are looking for
Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the following fields:
- Business Analytics/ Intelligence
- Quantitative Marketing
- Data science & Big data
- MBA students are welcome to apply
Next to an affinity in data analytics, we are interested in following characteristics:
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Microsoft Excel and Access (SQL) knowledge
- Accuracy (able to perform repetitive tasks on quality)
- Self-motivation to develop and try new ways of working
- Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
- A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
- A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Required documents to process your application:
- Cover letter
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
- EU/EER students: In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
- Non EU students in Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
- Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the requirements.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top