Internship: Ballast test automation tool
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Research & Development responsible for a global team of Led Lamps EMEA. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving Research & Development, so aspiring for GROWTH & EVOLUTION must be in your DNA.
LED Lamps EMEA is a dynamic and diverse team based in the High-Tech Campus, Eindhoven. LED Lamps EMEA is part of LED Lamps branch of Philips lighting which is based in Shanghai.
Together we can...
LED lamps are becoming cheaper, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly. It is not surprising that each year more LED lamps are replacing conventional lamp. One challenge facing LED lamps is that they need to function flawlessly in an infrastructure made originally for conventional lamps; Fluorescent ballasts regulate voltage and current for the lamp in a way that can damage a LED lamp, which is why extensive testing needs to be done to establish whether a LED lamp is compatible with a certain ballast.
Do you like thinking outside the box to find new innovative and smart ways of (re-)solving old puzzles? Do you enjoy working in an international and diverse team? This is what you are looking for
Develop a tool automating measurement of electrical and optical parameters of a LED lamp.
Your activities will be:
- Investigate relevant characteristics of LED lamps.
- Investigate current LabView-based test automate tools.
- Develop an improved tool for test automation based on the existing one.
- Deliver a tool that can do basic automation of key characteristics of LED lamps.
In this assignment you will have the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team. You will not only be working on subjects from your own field of experience, but also will learn about other (non-)technical disciplines. The assignment will have a duration of 5-6 months, starting in August 15. Writing your thesis with this internship is possible.
· Currently studying towards your HBO Bachelor / Bachelor of Science in: Electrical Engineering, Engineering Hardware or Engineering Software.
· Fluent in English.
· Familiar with LabView and Python.
· Have Good communication skills AND be result oriented.
1. Master's and Bachelor's students are paid an allowance according to their degree.
2. Students are paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
3. A student who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
4. The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
5. Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
· Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be an EU/EER citizen and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
The contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top