International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...
Signify has been leading in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. Today's business is supplying LED solutions for growers. With LED solutions, growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, which is the fundament for our 'light recipe approach'. LED solutions are potentially sold all over the world for example to research institutions and growers of young plants, vegetables, fruits and flowers.
The primary scope is greenhouses in Europe and this role is part of the European Sales Team. In this team you are working closely with Plant Specialists and Lighting Application Specialists. We are a passionate, ambitious and professional team, building on the opportunities in the Horticulture industry. You will report to Sales Director.
Together we can...
Contribute to the success of Signify Horticulture LED Solutions by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting solution for plant growing practices in greenhouses with focus on Europe.
We work with the most innovative growers in Europe who are setting the pace in the industry. You are responsible to build a network of growers in your region. This includes relationship building with customers and with installation partners or greenhouse builders. You will travel to customers/ projects in your region regularly.
Key areas of responsibility
- Actively engages in the greenhouse related network to truly understand growers and stakeholders, and create new opportunities
- You are responsible for understanding the needs of the growers and translating these needs to a customized offer, including business-case / TCO calculations
- Enables long term profitable growth through selling Signify Horticulture LED Solutions in greenhouse business, through building up new leads and together with certified partners
- Provides input and co-develops the LED & Greenhouse marketing strategy and is responsible for developing and implementing sales tactics
- Provide relevant input to the Market Introduction team in market introductions relevant to greenhouse market
- Identifies and initiates partnership targets in line with strategy
- Manage / train Partners to develop the market
- Represent Signify Horticultural LED Solutions-business at trade fairs and other events
- To the internal Horticulture team, you are the voice of the customer and you will coordinate all activities related to your customers, especially building and developing the use of LED in the greenhouse market
- Keep up to date with developments and interests in the lighting-market but also on general developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, online newsletters, trade fairs, participating in projects with other companies / Partners etc.
- Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Signify Horticulture
- Shares and deploys regional cross-learning of best practices.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, a highly competitive year salary (fulltime)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A substantial variable bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and Philips products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
- In possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree (preferably in Horticulture)
- Having at least 2 years of working experience in the area of greenhouse production, consultancy or research
- Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
- Knowledgeable of lighting is an advantage
- Committed, result driven, no nonsense & to-the-point.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, additional languages are a plus
- Good communicator, conscientious and pro-active
- Willing to travel (50%)
- You are an excellent team player, but you are also capable of working in a very autonomous way.
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Signify career site- vacancy number 271772.
Since we do not have an official closing date, we urge you to apply as soon as possible in case you are interested. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top