Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of the Sales team. As a Sales Apprentice, you will provide support to our Trade Sales team in England. Covering different daily tasks, to analyse and actively participate in our sales development. You will assist the team by setting up and monitoring trade operations. You will be in contact with our customers to provide information about our product. You will collect, process, and manage the commercial, and administrative information and data necessary for the proper functioning of the Trade Sales activity.
Together we can...
- Build strong relationships with customers.
- Build and Manage relationships over the phone.
- Minimum 80% time spent on telesales.
- Working to maximize sales and ensuring targets are met with revenue and margin.
- Create and generate sales reports and track customer engagement through Sales Force (CRM).
- Contact potential or existing customers to inform them about Products, Systems and Services and promotions.
- Share excess and slow-moving lists with customers.
- Updates customers with new price lists and product portfolios.
- Ask questions to understand the customer requirements and close sales.
- Ensure order is sent to order desk and processed in timely manner.
- Keep records of calls and sales - Sales Force.
- Enter and update information - Sales Force.
- Make recommendations back to the business, based on customer requirements and competitor's activity.
- Maintain, up to date database of customer contacts - Sales Force.
- Solid IT skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fast learner
- Passion for enhancing your own business and commercial knowledge
- Excellent communicator and negotiation skills
- Ability to use numbers for various calculations and pricing
- Proactive approach
- Able to stay calm in a challenging environment
- Focused on winning business
- The UK Driving License is mandatory for this position
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top