Intern - Procurement Management Ventures Lighting
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
You will do your internship in the Signify Global Procurement team (600 people worldwide) together with the responsible person for program management (events) and the responsible person for communication. During this internship, you will have the chance to support Signify in the deployment of the internal communication activities of Signify Procurement (Webcasts, Signify Community, newsletter etc.) and maintain the connection to the global teams and the various stakeholders.
You will be assisting with the deployment of the activities of Signify Procurement Supplier (Innovation) and Negotiation events globally.
Together we can...
- Drive the implementation of the communication activities to support the communication across regions, the different teams and stakeholders internally and externally towards suppliers and bring in expertise where needed
- Support the organization and execution in the Global Negotiations program
- Currently studying towards your HBO Bachelor / Bachelor of Science / Master of science in: Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Economics, International Business Management, or Engineering
- Excellent verbally and written in the English language
- Knowledgeable of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Pro-active and able to work independently!
- Competent in content creation and giving presentations
- Acquainted with project management
- Open minded and ambitious, reliable!
- drive procurement activities for the assigned portfolio/site and fine-tune procurement strategies
- drive procurement in I2M and deploy cost reduction levers by leading DFX and VE and supporting negotiation
- provide inputs for make vs buy analysis, and support the in/outsourcing processes
Previous internship/working experience is considered a plus!
You will have the chance to work in an international environment and work with a motivated and experienced team of professionals.
Duration: 6-9 month
Thesis: Can be discussed
Location: Eindhoven/Maarheeze (intern will be home-based on the High Tech Campus, but has to visit our plant in Maarheeze weekly)
You will receive an internship allowance; the exact amount depends on your level of education and work permit requirements. The offered internship allowances are compliant to the Dutch legislation. You might be eligible for an additional allowance towards rented accommodation or public transport
The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready to take on this challenge?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Signify. Apply today!
Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
EU/EER students : In order to be considered for this internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of this may be requested at any time.
Non EU students in Dutch Universities : You need to be registered as a student and your university needs to sign the Nuffic Agreement. The internship needs to be compulsory part of your studies (receive ECTS in turn). In case of non-compulsory internship, you need to encompass a letter from the university in which it states that the internship contributes to your personal development, what your learning goals will be and what tasks you will carry out during the internship. The letter has to be signed and stamped by your university.
Non EU students in non-Dutch Universities: You need to be registered as a student and the internship should be compulsory part of your studies. Also, you need to be able to get official approval of your university for this internship (Nuffic agreement).
Please apply only if you can meet the aforementioned requirements.
The content of our regular internship assignments is not suitable for MBA students with professional work experience
Back to top