Innovation information services expert
Job TitleInnovation information services expert
Innovation and information services expert
Philips Lighting Your challenge
Philips Lighting is the largest global lighting player selling more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. As a result our product portfolio is changing fast, delivering new digital lighting innovations in a rapidly expanding expanding market with new offerings like HUE for consumers, Horticulture allowing optimal plant growth and Citytouch introducing connected lighting and sensing in urban environments.
How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk.
Your challenge: providing the knowledge required to innovate to our research organisation
We believe it is the diversity of ideasthat inspires innovation that runs through the whole world of lighting. Philips Lighting Research plays a central role in the development of new technologies and new applications. For a research organisation, information is crucial to be able to create new opportunities for tomorrow's business. We want you to become part of our innovation organization, providing our innovation organization with the relevant knowledge available in the world as well as inside our company..
As Innovation and information services expert you will manage the technology information provided by external information suppliers as well as generated by Philips Research and other front-end innovation organizations with regards to generation, storage and retrieval, data security and dissemination in the total Philips Lighting organization.
The function includes the following tasks and activities:
- Manage the acquisition of information from external information suppliers (including preparation of information contract negotiation scenarios maximizing the quality of information and access for Philips Lighting Research but with the specific aim to serve the total Philips Lighting organization);
- Create an efficient operation that provides assisted information retrieval from internal and external information sources thereby reaching out to other information resources within the company;
- Setup an efficient information network in the company with the aim to make available to all in the company technical, marketing and business data in a well-coordinated and secure way;
- Participate in external corporate information services resources with the aim to continuously improve the quality of the Philips Lighting Research information services.
Philips Lighting Research is a global research organization with labs in Bangalore, Shanghai, Cambridge (USA) and Eindhoven. The organization drives a research program that aims to create new business opportunities in the area of Lighting with a strong focus on new applications that may be lighting related or enabled by connected lighting systems.
Philips Lighting Research is the central research entity and collaborates and transfers to Philips Lighting Business R&D and the market organizations. The information services organization is a central organization that heavily interacts will all innovation entities in the company providing information services.
You will report to the Head of the Research Program Office that manages the three central Research functions Program management, Partnerships and Information services.
We are looking for:
Candidates who share our passion to drive meaningful innovation. Our ideal candidate has:
- A master or PHD degree preferably in a Technical Discipline in IT, Information Management or Computer Science
- Several years of work experience preferably with digital platforms
- Experienced in knowledge database management
- Experienced as Information specialist or with e-library is a pre
- Strong professional drive
- Excellent relationship building abilities
- Fluent in English
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world. Your central role will allow give you to advance your career within our company. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to develop yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join our lighting company and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light beyond illumination bringing brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting.
Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 256362
As we have no closing date set, we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top