Inndirect tax specialist
Job TitleInndirect tax specialist
The center of excellence (CoE) offers a multicultural challenge where you will be the linking pin between a variety of stakeholders in the VAT/GST processes. You will be overseeing the VAT/GST, ESL and Intrastat processes for multiple countries in EMEA, as it is executed by Infosys or local AccOps. Your main goal is to ensure compliancy in the related processes in order to have tax returns and related reports filed in accordance with local requirements and to have accounting integrity for the VAT/GST accounts within Philips.
Furthermore, you will be co‑responsible to make sure that the processes are executed in line with the harmonized WoW within Philips.
Additionally, you will have the freedom for initiatives to drive change in order to achieve continuous improvement. So if you are a proactive 'hands on' type of person, who isn't shy to propose and initiate continuous improvement in order to expand the level of control over the VAT/GST processes in EMEA, you're exactly the person we are looking for.
Strengthen Compliance including guidance, monitoring and audits. Make sure that the Philips indirect tax returns are in accordance with the applicable legislation and to have accounting integrity for the VAT/GST accounts within Philips.
All responsibilities apply to the countries for which you are directly operationally responsible.
- Monitor and control the processes for VAT/GST, ESL and Intrastat filings.
- Monitor and control the data for VAT/GST, ESL and Intrastat filings.
- Monitor the VAT/GST account reconciliations to ensure compliancy and accounting integrity.
- Checking the content of executed ICS controls for VAT/GST and follow up on improvement points.
- Creating and maintaining of the control framework for your responsible countries.
- Coordinate and drive harmonization for all Philips entities within your assigned countries.
- Make sure that the process remains SOx compliant
- Update reporting requirements
- Implement harmonized way-of-working (both execution of the process and execution of the controls) together with the hub vat controller
- Have a proactive attitude regarding continuous improvement.
- Have periodically review with Group Tax, ARIC, Infosys and local country stakeholders
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that effect immediate operations.
Key Performance Indicators
File/Sign tax returns on time and in accordance with local requirements/ timetable. Make sure the process is compliant. Make sure process is executed according to the harmonized / agreed wow in Philips.
Required level of competencies
- Controlling and accounting (reconciliations) experience of 3-5 years.
- A Bachelor degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of (country specific) VAT/ GST/ESL and Intrastat reporting processes.
- Knowledge of VAT/GST related legal and fiscal requirements.
- Knowledge of/ expertise in internal controls, SOx, controlling, project management, administrative organization.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP ERP.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Up to standard knowledge regarding relevant Philips business.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of business operations (supply chain process)
- Strong attention to detail.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top