Industrial Project Leader
Job TitleIndustrial Project Leader
Within the LED and Lamp Electronics driver business, we introduce cutting edge lighting technology for the luminaire industry. New products designed by our R&D department, need to be industrialized at our different, in-and outsourced manufacturing locations in the world. Your challenge is to ensure new products are produced at competitive cost, on time with market commitment, according our quality standard and within budget.
As Industrial Project Leader you are the representative of manufacturing and a core member of the Product Development Team. Your main responsibility is to launch new products at the production-sites of choice, within the agreed project timeline, specification and costs by working closely with other functions. You are the linking pin between development, (test- and product) engineering, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Project definition with respect to manufacturing operation, including specification, planning, budget, resources and documentation
- Driving design for Manufacturing (Assembly, testing, logistics, …) on product level and initiating structural improvements
- Organization, initiation and evaluation of samples series and pilot runs at Philips factories and subcontractors
- Alignment and review of final production set up at Philips factory and subcontractors
- Generating initial budget for capital investments of new products and product related processes
- Transfer of product and production know-how to regional production sites
Within Business Group (BG) LED and Business Group Lamps, Lean Operations represents total operations and manufacturing of Drivers and LED Modules. This is a growing, rapidly changing business due to the strong LED penetration, high degree of innovation and upcoming Internet of Things. These two BG's globally develop, produce and market these products as part of total lighting systems. Within operations, the NPI-team team Outsourced Operations EMEA (located in Eindhoven) reports to the Head of New Product Introductions and Industrialization. Your team is responsible for new product introductions at outsourced manufacturing partners across Europe and deeply involved in new, "connected" products and Internet of Things. From our office in Eindhoven, you work closely with other functions, like Product Management, Development Engineering, Supply Chain, Process Specialists and Quality.
In the NPI-team for Outsourced Operations EMEA we are looking for a fulltime Industrial Project Leader.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
To be successful in this challenging environment, you:
- have a technical Bachelor degree or higher (Mechanical, Electronic or Physics is preferable)
- have at least 4 years of experience in Industrial Engineering (in Electronics environment) or a similar direction
- have experience in leading a multi-disciplinary project team and possess project management skills
- have experience with manufacturing processes at physical production locations
- have excellent (English) communication skills, at shop floor and directory level
- are willing to travel (approx. 20%)
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Philips career site- vacancy number 269102.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top