Indirect Tax Operations Specialist (VAT controller) for Poland market
Job TitleIndirect Tax Operations Specialist (VAT controller) for Poland market
Philips Lighting (Euronext Amsterdam ticker: LIGHT) is a global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. In 2015, we had sales of EUR 7.4 billion and currently we have approximately 36,000 employees in over 70 countries.
The center of excellence (CoE) offers a multicultural challenge where you will be the linking pin between a variety of stakeholders in the VAT processes. You will be overseeing the VAT/ ESL, Intrastat processes (for Poland). Sometimes other taxes for particular countries can be in scope. Your main goal is to ensure compliancy in the related processes in order to have tax returns and related reports filed in accordance with local requirements and to have accounting integrity for the VAT accounts within Philips Lighting. Furthermore, you will be co‑responsible to make sure that the processes are executed in line with the harmonized Way of Working within Philips Lighting. Additionally, you will have the freedom for initiatives to drive change in order to achieve continuous improvement.
Strengthen Compliance including guidance, monitoring and audits. Make sure that the Philips Lighting indirect tax returns are in accordance with the applicable legislation and to have accounting integrity for the VAT accounts within Philips Lighting.
If you are a proactive 'hands on' type of person, who isn't shy to propose and initiate continuous improvement in order to expand the level of control over the VAT processes in Poland, you're exactly the person we are looking for!
Type of contract: replacement contract for an employee on maternity leave.
- You are the contact person to the local TAX authorities in Poland, for VAT processes / audits
- File/sign tax returns on time and in accordance with local requirements/ timetable
- Monitor and control the processes / data for VAT, ESL and Intrastat filings
- Monitor the VAT account reconciliations to ensure compliancy and accounting integrity
- Checking the content of executed ICS controls for VAT and follow up on improvement points
- Creating and maintaining of the control framework for Poland
- Coordinate and drive harmonization for all Philips Lighting entities within Poland
- Make sure that the process remains SOx compliant
- Update reporting requirements
- Implement harmonized way-of-working (both execution of the process and execution of the controls)
- Have a proactive attitude regarding continuous improvement
- Have periodically review with Group Tax, third part service provider and local country stakeholders
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that effect immediate operations
Crucial competencies and experience:
- Graduate with master degree in Finance or equivalent
- Fluency in Polish and English (both oral and written) is a must
- 3-5 years of proven experience in controlling and accounting (reconciliations) field
- Advanced knowledge of Polish VAT/ ESL and Intrastat reporting processes
- Knowledge of VAT related legal and fiscal requirements
- Knowledge of/ expertise in internal controls, SOx, controlling, project management, administrative organization
- Advanced knowledge of SAP ERP
- Excellent understanding of business operations (supply chain process, factories – good flow / invoice flows)
- Able to drive change in processes to bring organizations in line with harmonized wow and or legal requirements
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Structured working style with eye for detail and hidden risks
- Very good communication skills
- Proactive and hands on attitude.
We kindly inform that we contact only with chosen candidates.
Please provide a clause: "Hereby I agree to process my personal data included in my application for requirements of the recruitment process (in accordance to Personal Data Protection Act dated 29 August 1997; Official Journal no 133, item 883).
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top