HUE Validation Engineer
Job TitleHUE Validation Engineer
Philips is taking Lighting beyond illumination, in beautifully illuminated indoor and outdoor spaces, with LED-lighting points connected to intelligent systems that are a pathway for information and new services. In this way, we do meaningful work, while the whole world is lighting up and we are linking this to the internet of things. We invite you to experience what it means to be part of our innovative workforce and to contribute yourself to the diversity of ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through a brighter world. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk.
The role of the Hue R&D Validation Engineer is to secure product and project quality within a range of New Product Development and Launch (NPDL) projects. You will monitor and review the project execution and you will challenge the project manager and team on decisions that influence the product quality, in balance with costs and time. You will drive the implementation of (product) requirements management and you will ensure the systematic built up of verification and validation evidence. You support the project team with test planning, the use of tools and processes (e.g. design of experiments, data analyses, DfSS, FMEA). You will finally evaluate the product design with regard to quality on functionality, reliability and safety and security and you will manage the product release process. Meet HUE: http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/about-hue/ and discover more about Hue on: http://bit.ly/2jvcrSA
The Hue R&D organization is an agile product creation and development environment in a highly entrepreneurial setting. The Hue Connected Lighting system is growing day by day with the introduction of new lamp types, auxiliary devices like sensors and switches and cloud integrated functions and services.
- Ensure proper documentation exists for all NPI that describes needs that will be used to define specs (Value Proposition House, Voice of the Customer Tree)
- Support NPI projects abiding by our internal processes
- Capture learning's from earlier projects and initiate improvements
- Ensure proper definition and execution of product quality test plan: (Analysis Testing, Evaluation & Verification, Maturity Testing, Early Market Feedback, Ongoing Reliability Test and Environmental Testing) to ensure product robustness and reliability;
- Quality project tracking (Project Tracker);
- Perform and maintain DFMEA and PFMEAs to manage risks;
- Participate in Critical to Quality (CTQ) flow-down defining specs and test planning and translation to critical parameters;
- Perform necessary work as needed by participating in or driving the following: Design of Experiments (DoE), Tolerance Analysis, Hypothesis testing, Measurement System Analysis (MSA);
- Maintaining and working in lab on-site, including developing interfaces between system and measurement tools;
- Ensure service readiness of the product before market launch (spare parts available, service centers trained etc.);
- Act as a liaison to insure field fault-data and other field issues are fed back to design;
- Update as necessary the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) based on field-data and other feedback.
We are looking for
Candidates who share our passion to improve people's live. Our ideal candidate has on top:
- Master's Degree in (Electronics) Engineering with a software knowledge is a pro;
- A least 5 years of experience in project management;
- Practical knowledge of Quality Assurance methods;
- Knowledge of test equipment and product validation;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Strong personality and experience with stakeholder management;
- Team player and able to work in a cross functional project team and managerial capabilities with respect to leadership and people influencing skills;
- Able to lead a change in the organization by planning and executing projects for business results.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, a market conform salary (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top