Hue System Test Engineer
Job TitleHue System Test Engineer
Job DescriptionHue System Test Engineer
Philips Hue is the global leader in connected consumer lighting. Thanks to the magical customer experiences created by our wireless controlled lighting products, we're undergoing rapid growth. In sales, in functionality and in application scope. That's why Philips HUE is hiring! We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to help redefine lighting for the digital age. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help shape the world's leading Internet of Things (IoT) platform and have a powerful impact on people's everyday lives.
Are you just as excited about the Internet of Things and Cloud techniques as we are? Do you want to play a pivotal role as system test engineer in the lighting centric IoT world around the Philips Hue Connected Lighting solutions? Are you thrilled about what connected lighting has to offer our consumers at home and even wants to improve this? Then this might be the job for you!
Your challenge is to test and release new systems or system components and software updates under the time constraint of a very dynamic and vibrant consumer market.
Want to find out more about working at Philips HUE? We invite you to visit us online and check our inspiring HUE employee stories to see what we mean: http://philips.to/2nrkzs7
You are involved in behavior driven test case definition, test execution, test report generation and issue reporting towards the Product Owner. You are dedicated to both verification and validation of the end-to-end system behavior of the Hue Connected Lighting system, including cloud, web portal and mobile apps and as such responsible for high quality releases of new system components and software updates.
What you'll do:
- Translate new functional and non-functional requirements into (behavior driven) test requirements and test cases;
- Create and augment the system test set with new test cases;
- Execute system integration or verification tests and exploratory validation tests;
- Use data analysis and visualization tools to detect trends in system performance and analyses changes, both in non-functional requirements and in user experiences and behavior;
- Participate in all new feature related test preparation, execution and evaluation campaigns, including effort estimation and risk-based priority settings, reporting and dash boarding.
We are looking for:
- You have strong problem solving abilities and learning skills and act with an agile mindset;
- You love to work with consumer products and services and do have a true quality mindset;
- You have a passion for testing and big data;
- You are creative, curious, eager to learn, and you quickly pick up new trends and technologies;
- You have experience with integration and testing of complex, software intense systems;
- You care about quality and you know what it means to deploy high quality releases;
- You are an open communicator with good English and preferably Dutch language skills to interact with experts in the software engineering domain and in other engineering disciplines;
- You have experience in working in complex (multi-site) development environments;
- You have knowledge of test strategies, system analysis and test plan creation and test techniques where TMAP and/or ISTQB certified is a pre.
The Hue R&D organization is an agile product creation and development environment in a highly entrepreneurial setting. The Hue Connected Lighting system is growing day by day with the introduction of new lamp types, devices and web portal and mobile app supported functions and services. Discover more about Hue on: http://bit.ly/2jvcrSA
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Do you want to discover what Life at Philips Lighting is all about? Watch our video to learn more and hear about our inspiring vision as the global leader in lighting, the impact our employees have working on lighting innovations that transform the world and our unique culture. What will be your impact?
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top