Hue Android Mobile App developer
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the undisputed leader in the lighting industry. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
You will join the leader in the lighting industry and learn through disruptive challenges. You will be part of a global team, where performance is powered through diversity. Help us shape the future of light in the Internet of Things and work with us on our commitment to achieve a more sustainable future.
Join us and #findyourmeaning at Signify.
Since its launch in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smarthome platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smartthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that inter-operate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue. The Hue ecosystem is growing rapidly through both new lights, luminaires, sensors, and switches as well as exciting partnerships like Google and Apple. New features are added through agile development processes.
As a mobile app developer in the Philips Hue mobile app development team, you will work on world-class mobile app technology and push the boundaries of what's possible with connected lighting products.
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate software craftsmen working on the world's leading connected lighting system. Surrounded by usability experts, product owners, software architects and test engineers, you'll take up the challenge to build high quality and exciting innovations providing the best lighting experience for our customers.
Together we can...
- Work closely with a talented cross-functional team to improve the user experience of our products
- Develop new features for our Android app in an agile development environment,
- Improve our Android app through prototyping, implementation, testing and launch
- Keep ahead of the latest developments in your domain, and share that knowledge with others
- Challenge yourself to do better every day and have fun while doing so
A highly driven developer with a passion for mobile apps, who:
- Takes pride in what he/she does and has a deep passion to do things right
- Has at least 2 years of experience and excellent coding skills in both Java and Kotlin
- Has a deep knowledge of the Android SDK and development tools
- Can show off published apps in the Google Playstore.
- Can deliver high quality work under strict deadlines in an innovative environment
- Solid understanding of the agile development process and experience with TDD is a plus.
When joining Philips Hue, you will be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career including personal development budget and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and products with discount
Back to top