HR Co-Op (January-June 2019)
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the undisputed leader in the lighting industry. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
You will join the leader in the lighting industry and learn through disruptive challenges. You will be part of a global team, where performance is powered through diversity. Help us shape the future of light in the Internet of Things and work with us on our commitment to achieve a more sustainable future.
Join us and #findyourmeaning at Signify.
This role is part of our US Market HR Team. Its responsibilities are at the heart of shaping the COE's vision and driving its strategy, so aspiring for excellence must be in your DNA. This is a 6-month Co-Op (January-June 2019), based in Somerset, NJ.
The HR Co-op will contribute to local implementation and execution of HR agenda and related organization transformations within US. He/She will implement global and/or US market HR initiatives that drive continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness in key HR processes such as talent management, competency development, headcount plan, team effectiveness, retention and reward & recognition. Enables self and organization in change management initiatives.
Together we can...
- Contribute to local implementation and execution of HR agenda and related organization transformations within relevant market
- Implement global and/or market HR initiatives that drive continuous improvement, efficiency and effectiveness
- Enable Management to deliver on key HR processes such as talent management, competency development, strategic workforce plan, team effectiveness and reward & recognition
- Works in close partnership with HR Services and other CoE to provide service delivery to business. May also serve as point of escalation for CoE and HRS colleagues when needed
- Maintains active relationship with relevant HR Business Partners across Lighting to support effective execution of respective people agenda
- Enables self, peers and organization in change management initiatives
- Where required, supports and/or leads local labor relations aspects and in close cooperation with local labor relations specialist if needed). Business counterpart for Works Councils and/or unions as appropriate
Open minded, curious and innovative and aligned with our company values and aims and you bring the following experiences and competencies:
- Currently in pursuit of Bachelor's in Human Resource Management, Labor Relations, Psychology, Business, or related discipline. MS/MBA is preferred.
- Previous internship/Co-Op experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong Excel skills with ability to analyze and visualize/display, and present findings is a plus.
- Experience with an ERP system such as WorkDay is a plus.
- Basic understanding of relevant global and local HR policies and processes and effective in execution
- Basic Understanding of local laws and regulations
- Strong team player
- Strong communicator at all levels, ability to influence and consult with stakeholders.
Back to top