Job TitleHR Advisor
The HR Advisor will provide specialized advisory services to line managers in a wide range of HR management processes in order to assist and advice line managers on HR policies and practices in their daily people management activities and in the execution of (their part of) HR transactional processes.
HR activities and processes in scope include advice on:
- Management of illness, absence and discipline
- Transfers and terminations
- Full scope of yearly PPM and ACR process
- Employee contracting and contractual changes
- Application of reward policies
- Payroll & benefits management
- Reporting & analytics
- Systems & applications support
- Time & attendance management
- International Mobility (support)
- Training delivery and administration
- Advises line manager on people management issues, complex HR processes and legal boundaries
- Advises on Philips HR policies, including Reward policies and talent management processes
- Assesses feasibility and boundaries of certain people management practices in specific contexts (factory, commercial, BG, HQ,…)
- Where applicable, provides specialized advice on HR matters to employees (via contact center)
- If applicable, can advise line manager in collecting information, data processing or paperwork to finalize the request raised (where it regards transactional activities / system support, this role handles complex cases. Other, more straightforward cases are handled through contact center.)
- Aims to meet targets and monitor KPI's related to quality, speed and customer satisfaction when handling cases
- Continuously drive standardization and improvements in way of working, including pro-actively addressing communication and portal content on topics that can be (further) standardized.
- Add flagging suggestions for policy improvement towards (local) CoE, based on day to day experience. Supports in translating policy and legal design to processes, which can be delivered by HR Services.
- Uses case management system, other service delivery tools and global and local applications to process and document requests
- Acts in close co-operation with other functions within HR Services, especially Contact Center Advisor and A&P specialist, and with other HR functions, such as local HRBP and COE's (Talent Acquisition, Reward, Talent Development, Training)
- Acts within the policies determined and escalates out-of-policy cases/requests to HR business partner.
The HR Advisor will be a part of the HR Services organization, and report to HR Services Manager/ HRS team leader.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit us online.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of BS/BA in Human Resources, Business, or related.
- 1+ year of experience within a HR business partner/HR support role, preferably within a large, multinational organization.
- Must have knowledge of HR regulations/processes, labor law, benefits, payroll, training and related.
- Experience working with a wide-range of areas/functions is a plus. Experience supporting manufacturing site(s) is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with ERP systems (Workday is preferred)
- Strong communication/consultative/partnership skills are a must.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top