Head of Strategy BG Home
Job TitleHead of Strategy BG Home
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people's lives with light.
Head of Strategy Home – Business Group Home
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people, coupled with our deep technological know-how, enables us to deliver digital lighting innovations which unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company does. We continuously invest in new innovations and are considered a leader in the "Internet of Things" (IoT) space. We are building out our capabilities while creating impactful partnerships with leading global players (e.g., Apple, Cisco, Google, Bosch, SAP). We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
Business Group Home in Philips Lighting is redefining the space we live in, creating new experiences and reducing energy bills. We offer effortless and meaningful light to consumers. As the preferred home lighting brand, we make it easy for people to create the right light for their personal needs, making them feel at home with light. For example: since the launch of Philips HUE in 2012, we are changing the way people interact and experience lighting and we have become the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smart home platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that interoperate with our system.
As our Head of Strategy for Business Group Home, your role will be:
- To drive strategy execution and new / existing business development (organic and inorganic) for Business Group Home (BG Home).
- Responsible to lead projects and coordinate programs related to our strategy definition, formulation, implementation, execution and tracking.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Shape and set the strategy for BG Home, including support in translating strategy into the need for M&A, Joint Ventures, and Alliances;
- Initiate and drive strategic projects across Business Group Home;
- Provide advice and guidance to our Philips Lighting senior leadership and Business Group leadership. You will be part of the BG Home management team;
- Facilitate strategic discussions in the broader teams – help to drive the future direction of our businesses and functions – based on up-to-date insights in market, competition, technical-, application- and societal developments in the BG Home domain;
- Act as the Chief of Staff to the BG head.
You will be based at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining the Business Group Home Management Team working on the world's leading connected lighting systems of tomorrow. This role reports directly to the BG Home head and has a functional line to our Group Strategy team.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world, which is not driven by innovation but which is in the lead of creating meaningful innovation. We value drive and encourage innovative thinking. Additionally we offer:
- Fast opportunities for self-development such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Possibility to be part of a global leader with a start-up spirit;
- Full relocation package for those who need to relocate from outside the Netherlands (incl. Partner Support Program);
- Benefit package (variable bonus, opportunity to buy Philips products with discount, solid company pension scheme etc.);
- The smartest work location in Europe: the High Tech Campus acts as a magnet for technical talent with over 10,000 researchers, developers and entrepreneurs. On this location, ground breaking research is done into the products of tomorrow. See more info: here
Who are we looking for?
- A Master's in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record, preferably in combination with a MBA;
- A minimum of 7 years' experience and proven track record of creating significant impact in both strategy definition and strategy execution, in either a:
- Top tier strategy consulting firm (e.g., Bain, BCG, McKinsey) with experience in consumer, digital/internet, services industry
- High tech company (e.g., Amazon, Google, Netflix, Skype, Spotify) in a business development / strategy role
- International business experience;
- New business development experience and a strong entrepreneurial mindset;
- Strong understanding of business modelling and data analytics;
- Strong interpersonal skills (stakeholder management, communication, facilitation skills).
Recruitment process and contact
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today!
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Philips career site- vacancy number 267669.
We have no specific closing date, however we urge you to apply as soon as possible. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a recruiter interview and business interviews. Pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Want to learn more about Philips Lighting?
Visit our website (http://www.lighting.philips.com) to see our exciting range of products and services. You can also view some of our videos here:
Light beyond illumination: https://youtu.be/_jPjo_yR_0A
Consumer Home Lighting: https://youtu.be/lCv4r3wgsPQ
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top