Head of Sales - Consumer, Vietnam
Job TitleHead of Sales - Consumer, Vietnam
Philips – the world leader in Lighting – is shaping the future with exciting new lighting applications and technologies. We are driving the global move from traditional to energy efficient lighting solutions and we are playing a part in climate control by creating lighting control solutions that will help reduce energy consumption around the world. Our mission is to improve people's lives through innovations that matter.
An exciting career opportunity now exists for a senior sales professional to join our Vietnam team, taking leadership of our consumer sales function in Vietnam.
- Manages the sales function within Vietnam for Consumer sales (Modern Retail, Branded Retail, Supermarkets, DIY hardware, Ecommerce, etc.) in order to maximize sales, volumes and revenues and to ensure the right organization and structure is in place for delivering the objectives.
- Develops and drives credibility and long term relationship with the customers in Vietnam to fulfil long term sales objectives.
- Defines and executes the commercial and distribution strategy in conjunction with GM/Marketing and sector BU management. manage the distribution and channel mix according to the agreed criteria.
- Responsible for creating and implementing the sales plan, including forecast and Annual Operating Plan, monitoring the sales effort and performance against budget and to take corrective actions, in order to contribute to the overall business plan.
- The sales manager leads, directs and motivates the sales team in order to achieve the predefined sales volume and profit goals.
- Contributes to each product marketing plan as to product prices and sales priorities.
- Has the authority and accountability to negotiate contracts and prices within the limits of the sales plan and sales policy.
- gains and maintains market information and knowledge in order to obtain and maintain the targeted market shares in all agreed product categories.
Here at Philips we are passionate about what we do. We offer you a culture that is reflective of this and thus you will be part of an organisation that continues to innovate and question convention to discover new and better ways of doing things.
We offer an environment where you are encouraged to learn through structured programs and from each other, ensuring that you are never short of a challenge.
We are looking for
This role best suits an engaging leader that will embrace change in a fast-paced environment. We are also seeking an individual who is passionate about making an impact, has a high level of energy and is resilient when met with challenges. In addition, you will:
- Be tertiary qualified and have at least 10+ years sales management experience ideally from consumer or retail industry
- Have a strong commercial and business mindset and an ability to problem solve in a collaborative manner
- Possess experience in implementing and executing sales strategies
- Have demonstrated experience in leading and developing a sales team, both from a technical and behavioural perspective
- Be a self-starter with a natural ability to build on-going relationships
- Possess strong understanding of distribution network in Vietnam
- Able to lead change, has been involved in a transforming industry and drive operational excellence
Interested or know someone who is?
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are interested in working with a group of likeminded individuals where your contributions will be valued and rewarded.
Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top