Head of Brand and Marketing Communications - Philips Hue
Head of Brand and Marketing Communication Philips HUE US
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of the Philips Hue Smart Home Group responsible for the Consumer Smart Home Market. Philips Hue is the global market leader in smart lighting and our challenge is to cross from innovators into the early majority. For this challenge we are building and expanding our marketing team in the US market.
We are looking for an experienced entrepreneurial leader head our Philips HUE Brand and Marketing Communications team. This leader will create and implement the HUE Brand strategy and marketing programs for the US market across all consumer touch points; Mass, Digital, Web, Social, CRM and our own sales channel. Works closely together with the global Hue marketing team as well as the US Key Account Managers, channel marketing team and Product Manager team. Manages the HUE shopper and user experience - based on Data and Insights - throughout the customer decision journey. Drives Philips Hue Brand Awareness, Preference, Engagement and Retention amongst target audiences through the development and deployment of brand management strategies and tools to win in the marketplace.
Together we can...
- Develops and executes the US HUE brand strategy aligned with marketing and business objectives for growth of new users as well as retention and lifecycle value enhancement.
- Plans and executes marketing strategies and programs based on a deep understanding of the consumer drivers and barriers and shopping behavior.
- Ensures brand strategy and execution is in line with global company and brand guidelines.
- Owns and manages the Advertising budget including company driven reporting requirements.
- Creates a metric driven high performance marketing culture where we focus on a test and learn fast to scale fast mentality.
- Regularly interacts with large retailers and key connected home partners for co-marketing programs. This may include partners such as Amazon Alexa, Google, Home, and Apple Home as well as Nest, Razer and others.
- Owns the MeetHue.com website as well as the MeetHue.com Shop environment
- Collaborates closely with customer service to make call centres a selling asset.
- Manages and oversees project/campaign briefing and definition (tactical implementation) process.
- BS/BA degree required/Preferred to have MBA
- 10 or more years of related experience is required
- Strong experience within Consumer and understanding of technology is required
- Start up/Entrepreneurial mindset is required
- We are looking for a working leader. Ability to manage 50/50 split role of strategy on branding and engagement AND executing is required
- Well versed in current (performance based) marketing is key.
- Strong knowledge of Targeting, Campaign management and understanding of the various delivery media such as Mass, Digital, Social and CRM is a must including the performance management
- Experience establishing short, as well as medium to long-term (i.e., 3+ years) marketing strategic and policy decisions is required
- Experience initiating and executing brand research in wider Marcom research projects, including concept-, awareness- and competitive-research, using outcomes to keep the Brand distinctive, fresh and relevant is required
- Strong leadership and experience managing a team of direct reports is required
- Experience and ability to interact with executives and/or major customers required
- Ability to influence is required
Back to top