Job TitleGroup Leader
- Response for product roadmap and product development and launch
- Co-lead in define product roadmap and launch calendar for smart peripherals and OEM components.
- Organize R&D resources to ensure product development or design-in executed on time with quality and within budget.
- Manage the product technology roadmap and strategic choice
- Define technology roadmap for both cost, performance and features.
- Steer innovation contents and IP generation.
- People and team management
- Jointly responsible for building up world class innovation R&D group. Competence development, people management and coaching.
- Continuously improve R&D efficiency
- Team motivation.
- In charge of Hue peripherals and OEM group in Home systems business: resources, competences, HW roadmaps, innovation, cross-group, cross-organization cooperation.
- Drive cross-functional and internal team efficiency via clear communication, knowledge sharing, motivating and challenging, leveraging
- Several years' experience in product creation (from concept to mass production) and in directing projects in relevant technology area.
- Proven experience in R&D people management & development, with solid experience on continually team technical competence building up.
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering. With strong engineering background and working experience (Electronics, information engineering, wireless control, mechanics…) are preferred.
- Solid experience with external ODM or OEM supplier management and outsourced development.
- Experience in managing remote teams and/or foreign suppliers (Eastern Europe, Asia) will be considered as a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Knowledge and understanding of disciplines with which co-operation takes place
- Good analytical skills. Strong problem solving skills. Sense of urgency and high resilience level. Ability to work under stress and ambiguity.
- Good programming & driving execution skills. Strong execution and ability of driving for result.
- Conceptual, long term & strategic thinker.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top