Global System Architect
Job TitleGlobal System Architect
- LED engine system
- LED Engine requirement definition and selection and release for LED modules applications
- LED modules / systems architecture
- Take the leading role in define the new platform system architecture, esp. during the feasibility (pre-PPC) stage
- The system architect shall focus on the total system design and optimization (top performance, lowest cost price, and world class reliability). Core is LED Engine selection/ definition, key links of the systems are the light, electricity, and heat flows.
- LED modules / systems technical platform roadmap
- Take the lead in defining the building block & platform roadmaps for the product portfolio he is in charge.
- Take the lead in defining the technology program & feasibility studies required for the roadmap realization.
- LED system competence
- Scout, benchmark and bring new/emerging technology into our product design in order to improve the performance, lower the cost, and realize never-possible features
- Being an active member in the SSL system architect network within Philips to leverage knowledge (LED Electronics, LED Lamps, ADE Prof Lumi, Cons Lumi…), and actively contribute to these partners/customers.
- LED Module building blocks
- Define LED module building blocks ranging from Optical, Electronical, Mechanical & thermal etc.
- Manage the building block developing plan and update regularly
- To define & realize the technical roadmap for LED modules, taking ownership to define and create the sustainable differentiators for LED modules.
- To ensure the most cost effective architectures are created to allow our products to be cost competitive. Keep update on product development (local and oversea) and enable local complementary partners released close to product marketing introduction and speeding up market penetration.
- To define platform architectures allowing fast creation of new derivatives in order to enable a fast response to new market requirements & developments.
a) Education学历: BSc/MSc
b) Experience: Preferably more than 3 years of proven track record in the specialization area.
c) Travel Frequency
25% - 50%
d) Competency and Skills
The ideal candidate has a broad technical back-ground in the field of (digital) electronics, LED/Laser physics, material properties, and has demonstrated a great drive for getting things done, on-time. The candidate should be familiar with optical, electrical, and thermo-mechanical issues that are relevant to ensure quality and reliability of LED Lighting products.
The candidate holds an MSc/PhD in the area of opto-electronics (applied physics of compound semiconductors or electrical engineering), and has >3 years of experience in both developing and manufacturing LED Lighting products.
Good command of the English language in both speaking and writing is a must.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top