Global Commodity Director
Job TitleGlobal Commodity Director
Scope of this Commodity Manager will be global, team of 10 people, covering the following commodities: Aluminium, Copper, Caps, Solder, Reflectors
Next to this, as a second accountability, this commodity manager will be regional commodity leader for Greater China, being the key contact for the businesses in GC for escalations, strategy and ROFO handshakes and planning/execution of major programs/projects.
- Strategy Development
- Risk Management
- Supplier relationship & Performance Management
- Networking, Communication, Stakeholder Management
- Global Team management
- Leadership competence as well able to leverage and motivate teams
- High performer, strong track record and Performance Drive
- Able to act independently, trustworthy and credible
- Mechanical (engineering) background
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Willing to travel (up to 50%)
- Location Shanghai
Already some details:
Commodity Manager 80 - Responsible for developing global procurement strategy for assigned areas with a medium term to long term <3 year sight line. Is responsible for implementation. - Inform and advise relevant management about important trends in the supplier market. - Responsible for first time supplier evaluation and review for the assigned scope - Responsible for leading a multi-functional team (e.g. supplier quality, CE-T's and strategic buyers). - Responsible for following the supplier sourcing process for the assigned scope - Responsible for stakeholder management (CEO/CFO and other functional executives) in the assigned organizational scope. - Maintain an understanding and critically evaluates: - strategies of competitors (benchmark) - innovation cycles - niche players - Recommends strategic directions, policies and establishes procurement directives. - Lead the global Regional / Commodity team and provide support to Strategic Buyers when needed. - Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated. - Spearhead formalization of the supplier relationship management process via agreements. - Develop multiple supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible.
Technical Competencies - Negotiation Skills (Game Theory) - Knowledge on DfX - Supplier and Commodity Scouting - Supplier Relationship Management - Commodity Strategy Development - Supply Base Risk Management - Total Cost of Ownership Calculation - Stakeholder Management - Supplier Sourcing Process / Allocation / Make vs. Buy Business Case - Contract Management
Managing through subordinate department managers, overseeing somewhat diverse functions and/or a core function across the organization often multi-location and global. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
Technical Know-How, Management Breadth, Human Relation Skills
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline - Approximately 10 years of relevant working experience. - Contributes to the design of the procurement commodity Management function to optimally support the business and or markets. - Able to identify the strategic procurement implications and opportunities resulting from major demand side strategies and change initiatives. - Possesses a broad understanding of current and future product & service offering in relation to the assigned commodity requirements. - Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external customers, suppliers, the procurement community, vendors, and consultants.
Thinking environment & -challenge
- Establishes medium term (i.e., 3-5 years) strategic and policy decisions for the function, and recommends medium to long-term strategic directions, which have impact across the Sector(s). - Solves complex, first-time problems while balancing resources, schedule and financial factors. - Implements supply solutions to meet multiple clients' requirements. - Works with procurement professionals and managers to develop solutions to meet multiple clients' requirements.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top