Global Commodity Director
Job TitleGlobal Commodity Director
Scope of this Commodity Manager will be global, team of 10 people, covering the following commodities: Aluminium, Copper, Caps, Solder, Reflectors
Next to this, as a second accountability, this commodity manager will be regional commodity leader for Greater China, being the key contact for the businesses in GC for escalations, strategy and ROFO handshakes and planning/execution of major programs/projects.
- Strategy Development
- Risk Management
- Supplier relationship & Performance Management
- Networking, Communication, Stakeholder Management
- Global Team management
- Leadership competence as well able to leverage and motivate teams
- High performer, strong track record and Performance Drive
- Able to act independently, trustworthy and credible
- Mechanical (engineering) background
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Willing to travel (up to 50%)
- Location Shanghai
Already some details:
Commodity Manager 80 - Responsible for developing global procurement strategy for assigned areas with a medium term to long term <3 year sight line. Is responsible for implementation. - Inform and advise relevant management about important trends in the supplier market. - Responsible for first time supplier evaluation and review for the assigned scope - Responsible for leading a multi-functional team (e.g. supplier quality, CE-T's and strategic buyers). - Responsible for following the supplier sourcing process for the assigned scope - Responsible for stakeholder management (CEO/CFO and other functional executives) in the assigned organizational scope. - Maintain an understanding and critically evaluates: - strategies of competitors (benchmark) - innovation cycles - niche players - Recommends strategic directions, policies and establishes procurement directives. - Lead the global Regional / Commodity team and provide support to Strategic Buyers when needed. - Ensures that all Procurement related risks are controlled and mitigated. - Spearhead formalization of the supplier relationship management process via agreements. - Develop multiple supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible.
Technical Competencies - Negotiation Skills (Game Theory) - Knowledge on DfX - Supplier and Commodity Scouting - Supplier Relationship Management - Commodity Strategy Development - Supply Base Risk Management - Total Cost of Ownership Calculation - Stakeholder Management - Supplier Sourcing Process / Allocation / Make vs. Buy Business Case - Contract Management
Managing through subordinate department managers, overseeing somewhat diverse functions and/or a core function across the organization often multi-location and global. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
Technical Know-How, Management Breadth, Human Relation Skills
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline - Approximately 10 years of relevant working experience. - Contributes to the design of the procurement commodity Management function to optimally support the business and or markets. - Able to identify the strategic procurement implications and opportunities resulting from major demand side strategies and change initiatives. - Possesses a broad understanding of current and future product & service offering in relation to the assigned commodity requirements. - Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external customers, suppliers, the procurement community, vendors, and consultants.
Thinking environment & -challenge
- Establishes medium term (i.e., 3-5 years) strategic and policy decisions for the function, and recommends medium to long-term strategic directions, which have impact across the Sector(s). - Solves complex, first-time problems while balancing resources, schedule and financial factors. - Implements supply solutions to meet multiple clients' requirements. - Works with procurement professionals and managers to develop solutions to meet multiple clients' requirements.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top