Finish Goods Planner - Markham, Ontario
Job TitleFinish Goods Planner - Markham, Ontario
FG Planner (LED) - Markham, Ontario
Manage Finished Goods Inventory strategy based on Customer and Business requirements, driving continuous improvement to inventory and service through an understanding of the end to end supply chain.
- Understand the Customer Service Offer and how this relates to the inventory strategy. Manage stocking locations to meet CSO requirements.
- Set Safety Stock levels according to the expected lead time performance and demand characteristics. Review and drive continuous improvement in lead time in order to reduce inventory requirements.
- Set replenishment frequency in order to minimize cycle stock while balancing costs. Drive improvement in Minimum Order Quantities to minimize cycle stocks.
- Identify and drive opportunities for pruning and CSO optimization in order to drive improvement in inventory health.
- Continuous improvement in Service levels to meet Global defined DRM target.
- Diligently and urgently address short term availability or inventory issues in addition to longer term supply-demand imbalances. We respond to customer enquiries and expedites fast and effectively
- Review intake plan and BG supply response, identifying and addressing supply-demand imbalances.
- Own PO fulfillment cycle from req through to Goods Receipt. Work with Supply and Distribution partners to resolve any issues that arise.
- Urgently react to changes in demand or supply to minimize obsolescence and inventory while maximizing customer service.
- Identify slow moving stock and define and initiate actions to remove and prevent recreation of slow moving stock
- Ensuring that operational KPIs in team are met, initiation of improvement plans when required
- Respond to customer enquiries and expedites fast and effectively
- Show sense of urgency in responding to Customer / Sales / Order Management requests in a customer-focused way
We are looking for:
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics, Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Management or related discipline.
- 2-3 experience in Supply Chain Management/Planning or related experience.
- High-level problem solving skills, ability to drive operational improvement projects
- Six Sigma/LEAN Certification is preferred.
- Lighting industry experience a plus
- APICS Certification(s) preferred
- Knowledge of SAP and/or equivalent ERP systems.
- Strong problem solving skills, along with the ability to work independently.
- Must be proactive, and possess strong analytical skills and communication skills
- Experience in working with Suppliers and Vendors, Good Negotiation skills
- Good in MS Excel and Power Point
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips Lighting Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have been made aware of fraudulent job offers, misrepresenting Philips in the market place. Philips does not send a cheque when making a job offer and does not charge a fee for any phase of the job application process. If you receive a cheque or are requested to pay a fee in order to process a job application or conduct a background check, these are not authorized Philips communications. Also, be advised that Philips employees only conduct email communications via "@philips.com" email accounts, communication from other email accounts like @philipslighting.ca are not official Philips communications. Always exercise caution when personal information is being requested of you. To report a scam, please visit the Government of Canada's Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
#LI-NC1 10 No
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top