Finance Business Partner – International Key Accounts
Job TitleFinance Business Partner – International Key Accounts
At Philips, we are looking for agile and innovative thinkers to help us to connect with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways. The lighting industry is in full transformation. Conventional light sources are rapidly replaced with electronic light sources (LED) and this has enabled the use of digital technology to connect and control lighting and increase functionality in a way that was never possible before. The innovation speed has increased dramatically and the scope has expanded to electronics, software, communications and information technology, systems engineering and data analytics for services.
- Co-pilot with the sales leads and provide all financial support for various sales teams of Professional Channel including but not restricting to National Distribution, National Retail End User, Specification, Value Added Partner and ESCO teams.
- Decision support & challenge: Provide timely, relevant and accurate information and analytics
- Steer with an helicopter view : Combine broad financial skills with E2E (end-to-end) process knowledge helping sales team to consolidate all relevant perspectives
- Planning & Performance Management: Translate financial targets and KPI's to non-finance partners for business planning; track target realization and drive corrective actions
- Manage collaborative account / team fin. performance in the broader business and economic context
- Scenario Planning and Business Case support: Assist business owners by critically reviewing opportunities, risks and assumptions to optimize ROI e.g., competitive conversions, new business initiatives, evaluation for enhanced rebates etc.
- Drive value creation North America BMC: Assess elements in strategic plans, new contracts, projects and day-to-day operations on their financial impacts under consideration of market developments and customer insights
- Ensure that complex, specific events, risks and transactions are properly reflected in the accounts, if necessary in consultation with A&IC
- Accountable monthly and quarterly: Reporting internally and externally on various parameters, amongst others, like sales, margins, rebates etc.; Accounts Receivable balances; Customer reconciliations & true up calculations e.g., buying groups
- Accountable for drive performance by setting, managing and reporting appropriate sales targets in terms of sales and margins for sales bonus
- Assurance of the internal control environment
- Guard Business Integrity by teaming up with Legal and the business owners
- Ensure compliance with Philips' business principles and annual GBP statement (ICS 162)
- Conduct proper risk assessments and Due Diligence Processes (DDP)
- Drive and manage change via ad-hoc projects for Lighting Professional Channel in North America
Philips Lighting is the global market leader in the lighting industry, with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative lighting solutions. We offer our expertise, depth and reach across the entire lighting value chain to improve and simplify the work of our professional partners wherever our knowledge and reach can create value for them. From LED light sources to the increased role of controls to all-inclusive tailor-made solutions our approach is to observe and listen to people—our customers, consumers and stakeholders- to ensure that what we do every day addresses their real needs and aspirations in life. Together with architects, lighting designers, city planners, public authorities, and even with consumers in their homes, Philips Lighting seeks to simply enhance people's lives with light.
- 10+ years of related experience required
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting. Masters/MBA a plus
- Role must sit in Somerset, NJ (relocation available)
- Hands on experience working with and negotiating contracts/deals with large customers
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills to partner with sales and related cross functional teams required
- "Financial Engineering" experience is strongly preferred
- Developing complex finance models
- Project management experience and 'roll-up sleeves' to get job done attitude.
- Prior experience working for a sales organization / Key Accounts
- Strong commercial/business acumen required
- Global experience and geographic mobility a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% required (zone visits with sales)
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top