Field Quality Engineer - Test Engineer
Job TitleField Quality Engineer - Test Engineer
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people's lives with light.
Since its launch in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smart home platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that interoperate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue.
Each hue product is a complete system in essence. Although a lamp and bridge may be the only physical product that will be acquired by a customer, the meet hue portal and the various apps complete the system. The total system is therefore a combination of various HW and SW components that work seamlessly together. Hereby Quality is a very important aspect. As a Field Quality Manager you are responsible for leading and managing the quality transformation improving product Quality and customer satisfaction. You deeply analyze and report the system issues coming from our consumers and develop/improve data analysis tools for monitoring and assessing product field performance and you ensure field experience & lessons learned are fed back to the organization and used to increase Q mindset.
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate engineers working on the world's leading connected lighting systems. You are going to work in a team with the best and brightest in your area, providing an opportunity for each person to maximize their potential, directly contribute to our organization's success and growth and be appreciated for their differences. In fact, our culture is built on a foundation for valuing our employees as the key asset. This job resides in business group Home Systems. The Home Systems team within the Philips Lighting Business Group Home is tasked with innovation and go to market of "internet of things" connected lighting systems – and as such an integral part of realizing the move towards systems and solutions.
We are looking for:
The candidate that we are looking for obviously has a big passion for content! You are content minded and you love to talk about content and share this with others. Our ideal candidate has:
- HBO level in electronics or Computer Science
- Ability to analyze components and system
- Knowledge of HW and SW, and HW-SW interactions in design and testing
- Knowledge of Networking and Network infrastructure design and analysis
- Capability to design and execute HW testing solutions
- Capability to develop, design and implement SW driven testing, test-suites and test applications for routine test-tasks
- Capability to work with product owners and architects on new solutions for cross-functional and integral system testing
- Self propelling and eager to learn in a dynamic environment
- Structured and well documented approach in analysis and reporting
- Independent and accurate working mentality
- Knowledge of Excel, office and data analysis
- Sufficiently proficient in English
- Team player
- Capability to adapt to a fast-changing multi discipline environment
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world who is not leaded by innovation, but who is in the lead by creating meaningful innovation. We value drive. We encourage innovative thinking. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Excellent package (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site-. As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top