Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
This role is part of Market Group Americas, responsible for assisting the executive team. Its responsibilities are supporting the senior team, so aspiring for excellence must be in your DNA.
Together we can...
- Manage multiple priorities based on conflicting management team schedules and will enable the Signify NA CEO, Head of HR Americas and the Head of Business Transformation to maximize their productivity and time.
- Handle all standard administrative/secretarial tasks.
- Ability to work in a very large and complex organization where substantial interests are at stake, the effects of which affect the entire Signify Company or a large proportion of it.
- The job at any level demands knowledge, experience and understanding of the organization, the often conflicting interests at play and the many business processes and disciplines that are managed by the Executives.
- The Executive Assistant has to make decisions without consulting others and is held responsible for these decisions afterwards. In view of the conflicting interests, the nature of this role is very critical.
- Ability to think ahead and to take action in such a way as to enable decision-making processes and priorities, for example, to be controlled more effectively by the Executive (e.g. their international travel booking, calendars, schedules, and styles of working with multiple executives).
- This position will report directly to the CEO Market Group Americas and will support the Head of HR Americas along with the Head of Business Transformation.
- Responsible for m anaging calendar schedules, coordination of meetings, travel, expenses, as well as scheduling larger/off-site events as well as other ad-hoc support as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment that will require a proactive self-starter who is able to be flexible.
- Must have experience supporting C-Level/C-Suite professionals in a support as well as an administrative capacity (must have experience and be willing to do more administrative aspect such as/but not limited to: Ordering supplies, basic organization, filing, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Ability to sit on-site in Somerset, NJ fulltime is required
- 5 or more years of related professional experience is required
- Must have experience managing Executive's calendars with Microsoft Outlook. This includes keeping calendars and following up with team and pushing back when needed when they cannot move their schedules around
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills with experience creating and editing presentations is strongly preferred
- Must be proactive and thorough in approach to supporting the executives (e.g. have entire international trip planned out to executive does not have to do any guessing on itinerary and logistics of trip)
- Must have ability to be flexible which includes taking calls or reading e-mails after regular business hours
- Ability to do presentations a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Experience working with and being responsible for confidential information is required
- Experience with Event planning, Coordinating Meetings, and completing expenses is required
- Experience taking meeting minutes is a plus
- Experience acting as a lead to more junior level assistants is strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask, be a proactive/self-starter, navigate large complex/global organization, deal with ambiguity, and change is required
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written are required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Elena works on developing, implementing, and managing compensation and rewards programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees in support of Philips’ business objectives.
Back to top