End User Marketer State and Local (Director Level)
Job TitleEnd User Marketer State and Local (Director Level)
At Philips, we are looking for agile and innovative thinkers to help us to connect with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways. The lighting industry is in full transformation. Conventional light sources are rapidly replaced with electronic light sources (LED) and this has enabled the use of digital technology to connect and control lighting and increase functionality in a way that was never possible before. The innovation speed has increased dramatically and the scope has expanded to electronics, software, communications and information technology, systems engineering and data analytics for services.
- You are responsible for driving consistent public sector End User marketing strategy and activities to stimulate market pull (B2G/Business to Government)
- You define and execute Lead Generation programs in the market supporting sales funnel creation
- You lead the efforts in generating consumer insights analyzing and understanding market trends
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Sets and manages lead generation campaigns focused on S&L public sector market
- Supports cross business value propositions targeted to the public sector end user segment
- Manages revenues and IGM targets within the assigned end-user segment
- Author of S&L segment plan for U.S.
- Designs marketing activities and programs focused on state & local (public) End User market needs
- Establishes high levels of customer satisfaction
- Maximizes Lighting's positioning through branding, thought leadership and reputation management
- Drives cross functional collaboration, strategic focus and organization agility.
- Influences a winning spirit, embedding our culture in the channel sales teams.
- Has strong understanding of S&L Public sector end-user marketing with B2G marketing priorities
- Understands lighting systems and services, IOT (Internet of Things) and marketing
- Strong cross-functional team/project management, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills, especially in areas of measuring marketing effectiveness and gaining customer insights.
- Advanced presentation and Public Speaking skills
- Competitor orientation
Philips Lighting is the global market leader in the lighting industry, with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative lighting solutions. We offer our expertise, depth and reach across the entire lighting value chain to improve and simplify the work of our professional partners wherever our knowledge and reach can create value for them. From LED light sources to the increased role of controls to all-inclusive tailor-made solutions our approach is to observe and listen to people—our customers, consumers and stakeholders- to ensure that what we do every day addresses their real needs and aspirations in life. Together with architects, lighting designers, city planners, public authorities, and even with consumers in their homes, Philips Lighting seeks to simply enhance people's lives with light.
- The role must sit in Somerset, NJ or Washington D.C.
- 5 years experience in local or state government
- 5+ years of responsible role in any combination of B2G technology marketing or end-user marketing roles.
- 5+ years in customer facing position in the public sector market, involving different go-to- market models
- 3+ years in managing design and production of marketing support materials with ability to maintain creativity and professionalism in a fast- paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of business operations, marketing principles and management skills and techniques.
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Education: Bachelor degree in public administration or marketing
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top