Electronics Development Egineer ( Manager Level)
Job TitleElectronics Development Egineer ( Manager Level)
In order to fulfill and accelerate the business development needs of Philips Lighting BU Home Systems by providing world class design and quality products, this job position is set up to develop electronics for Home Systems as a key member of product development project team within the Shanghai R&D department.
This job function has a strong emphasis on electronic related competences with essential work in project skill.
This job function is working in the technical project team responsible for OEM/ODM type projects.
The supply base is located in mainland China, and requires frequent communication and visits of this job function to ensure product quality, cost, and time.
- As the owner of the electronics development within the project team, conducts design analyses or simulation of analog and/or digital circuits. Performs review of design analyses to ensure correct calculations and methods were used with verified assumptions. Designs new circuits or modifies existing circuits which efficiently meet product specifications and customer needs. Expected to develop novel solutions when required.
- Be recognized within the development organization as being an expert in electronics development domain, supports management decision making by evaluating and presenting technical subjects.
- Responsible for completing development projects assigned, including evaluating technical options and solving technical issues to meet agreed MS dates and deliverables.
- Full accountability on the design quality of the products in his projects. Perform design review at each Milestone, and make sure the development following NPDL procedure, and the development of the products meets the requirement.
- Required to provide technical solutions for the issues and other relevant review comments in other projects within the group.
- Advises external and internal customers in his special field of expertise, work with the Marketing and Product Managers to develop the "Right" products". Provide inputs on technology and resource requirements as required.
- Follow and improve Design Quality processes. Implement the Design Tool such as DFSS, to improve the product design quality. Work with Operation, Quality Control, SBM/SCM, and Customer Support to address quality issues in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of current and future technology related to product area. Work with other Philips organizations to insure development efforts are well coordinated.
- Coordinate with other development engineers within assigned projects.
- The individual will be expected to mentor junior engineers with performing design/analysis and meeting design related phase gate deliverables. Individual will also be expected to mentor technicians as needed. Individual will also be expected to mentor technicians as needed.
- BSc/MSc/Ph. D in SE/EE
- Focus in analog hardware design is preferred.
- Analog: Experience with power supply design, circuits for driving capacitive and inductive loads, analog signal conditioning circuitry, switched-mode power supply.
- Preferably 5+ years of practical experience.
- Background with printed circuit board design and layout and related EMC/EMI design is also a plus.
- Background with wireless control product design is a plus.
- Be capable of convey information properly.
- With good communication skill to outside suppliers /customers.
- Be capable of doing circuit simulation.
- Deep understanding of functional knowledge and electronic theory.
- Deep knowledge of LED lamp driver/ballast/SMPS/component/testing knowledge.
- Broad knowledge on Power Electronics.
- Alert and open to new product/process innovation/improvement idea.
- Basic lab instrumentation and safety knowledge.
- Be able to handle A type project or demonstrate the equivalent competency.
- Be capable of solving difficult problems by applying defined practice /procedures and tools
- Able to apply various tools (Risk analysis, FMEA, critical path analysis, etc)
- Manage project/activity via ITM execution process
- Good command of English and Computer Skills
- Sense of urgency and high resilience level
- Strong execution and ability of driving for result
- Ability to work under stress and ambiguity
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top