E-commerce Manager, North America (Sr. Level)
Job TitleE-commerce Manager, North America (Sr. Level)
E-commerce Manager North America (Sr. Level)
Are you as excited about driving business results via e-commerce & digital marketing as we are? Do you have a Masters/Bachelor degree combined with experience in an e-commerce role? Do you want to be part of the great journey we are embarking within Philips Lighting? Then this might be a unique opportunity for you.
We challenge you to lead and drive the acceleration of selling through online channels in North America. You are part of the local marketing & channel team and will report into the line of the Global Digital Marketing team in The Netherlands. You are accountable for maturing e-commerce in the North America market for Philips Lighting, while driving sales impact through the digital channels that we own and operate in. You own the local e-commerce strategy and planning, ensuring all opportunities are continuously prioritized and activated.
Assist and contribute to transform the market and organization to have digital marketing and e-commerce embedded in our company DNA.
In this role you will be part of the Global Digital Marketing team of Philips Lighting. This team is an award winning, highly ambitious team with a healthy balance of strategic, creative & operational thinkers. Organizationally part of Marketing & Strategy, the team supports all the business groups as well as markets. You will also be part of the North American Marketing & Channels team where you will jointly lead the acceleration of online sales in North America.
Your day-to-day activities will be in context of e-commerce domain, completely focused on the North American market.
Your main responsibilities are around the following areas:
- Drive the acceleration of selling through e-tailer channels in the North American market in full cooperation with the channel and (online) sales teams
- Drive the sales through our owned channels for consumer and professional audiences
- Define, execute and embed local e-commerce strategy, linked to sales and marketing functions
- Manage customer sellout programs and joint trade promotions, aimed at driving conversion at customer owned channels
- Manage local e-commerce product- and marketing content to drive traffic and generate leads
- Manage, develop and optimize all local e-commerce channels for B2C (Pure Players/Etailers) and B2B (Indirect via i.e. distributors and our own B2B order management platform), including local campaigns & promotions
- Identify, onboard and optimize local eTailers and build activation plans with account management and digital marketers
- Localize online conversion tools that enable online sales
- Support local Digital Managers ensuring integration of e-commerce channels and driving of integrated campaigns
- Shared responsibility for increased sales in online channels
- Reporting and translation to insights and actions of the online channels (B2C/B2B)
You provide structure and guidance to the global network of (local) analysts and drive their individual roadmaps, knowledge sharing, education and peer to peer reviews.
We are looking for:
- Bachelors / Masters degree in marketing, business management, or a related discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience as e-commerce manager or equivalent role in B2C and/or B2B, preferably both B2C and B2B
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce in large (enterprise) organizations covering digital marketing, conversion optimization, web and ecommerce analytics, digital campaigning, product portfolio & pricing management, etc.
- Experience in translating strategy & insights into action and improvements
- Strong analytical skills with a good and sharp sense for financial numbers
- Strong written & verbal skills
- Self-Motivated, pro-active thinker who is very passionate on digital marketing and e-commerce
- True team player consistently delivering on commitments
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top