Documentation and Configuration Control Specialist
Job TitleDocumentation and Configuration Control Specialist
We challenge you to take product documentation and configuration control for multiple sites within North America to the next level of quality, security and productivity.
- Provide day-to-day creation and control of end-item product configurations consistent with established workflows. This includes creation of structured hierarchies and rules that technically control a multitude of valid product options, verification of ERP data entry and verification of ordering system compliance with engineering rules.
- Manage the integrity, quality, and availability of engineering hardware documentation. This responsibility includes management and execution of the document release process, assuring the engineering vault's security/integrity, and management of product and engineering data prior to release.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives related to document and product configuration control processes and procedures.
- Execute the above by leveraging expertise of applicable modules and functions within ERP, PDM, PLM, and CAD applications.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services. Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. For more information, visit http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/home
We are offering an opportunity to work closely with all Outdoor Professional Lighting R&D Centers within North America.
We are looking for:
- Associate degree (or equivalent) in a technology, business or other related field. Bachelor degree from an accredited university in a technology, business, or process development field is a preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience working within the product development lifecycle of an electromechanical or other technological industry. At least three of those years must have been managing engineering documentation and product configurations.
- Ten years' experience working within a product development environment with more than five years managing engineering documentation and product configurations as well as experience developing supporting business processes preferred.
- Experience within a large scale ISO9000-certified development organization is desired.
- Highly proficient with the Office suite of tools including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal is required.
- Extensive knowledge of document and configuration control tools found within PLM, ERP, and/or PDM applications.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks PDM, SAP, and Siemens TeamCenter is desired, but not required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community. #LI-LB1
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top