Director - Strategy & Planning
Job TitleDirector – Strategy & Planning
Would you like to be part of an industry which is undergoing fundamental change driven by new technologies and digital transformation? Can you help the world’s leading lighting company make the next shift in its business model?
Since the beginning of 2016 Philips Lighting is operating as a stand-alone entity. You have the opportunity to be part of the team that will help build and shape the future of this new company during this dynamic time.
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products and services – tackling exciting consumer product segments (e.g., Hue connected lights) as well as a range of professional ones (e.g., improving shopper navigation in retail stores using visible light communication).
We continuously invest in new innovations and are considered a leader in the “Internet of Things” (IoT) space. We are building out our capabilities while creating impactful partnerships with leading global players (e.g., Apple, Cisco, Google, Bosch, SAP)
At the same time we strive to make the world more sustainable through energy-efficient lighting systems and we are committed to help end light poverty. We have been actively supporting governments with their push towards “Smart Cities” with our connected lighting and services and continue to invest in green innovation.
Who are we looking for?
Are you a highly talented strategist, currently working for a top-tier strategy consulting firm, who can support our Leadership Team to make the right decisions? Are you interested in innovation and seeking new challenges?
This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy, innovation and growth in a global company. Can you bring together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions?
As a Director in our Strategy team you are responsible for:
- Initiating and driving strategic projects across Philips Lighting businesses;
- Managing working teams and senior stakeholders, while actively coaching and developing Strategy team members;
- Providing advice and guidance to Philips Lighting senior leadership;
- Facilitating strategic discussions in the broader teams – helping to drive the future direction of our businesses and functions.
The Strategy team consists of alumni from top-tier consulting firms (e.g., Bain, BCG, McKinsey) and is a talent pool for future Philips leaders. We have a good track record of transitioning our people into the business.
The team always works with a mandate from the Lighting Leadership Team, and usually works hand-in-hand with them. Next to your role in Strategy, as a Director you are also responsible for contributing to the running and improvement of the department, as well as the coaching and development of junior team members
We offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Philips Lighting Leadership Team, plus the ability to work in a variety of business environments and geographies. We will also support your personal and professional development.
Our benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive salary plus relocation expenses (in case of international);
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive tools to drive your career, like a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Solid company pension scheme;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount;
- 25 days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually;
- Opportunity to apply for the 30% tax ruling for foreigners (eligibility criteria are set and judged by the Dutch government).
The position is based in Amsterdam – A city consistently ranked in the top 15 in the world for Quality of Living, Startups and Innovation, Economic Prosperity, and Top City to Work In. Learn more about living and working in the Netherlands: http://www.relocationguide.philips.nl/
A talented individual with:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm (e.g., BCG, Bain, McKinsey) and an MBA from a top tier business school;
- International business experience (experience in emerging markets is a plus);
- Strong knowledge of consumer, digital/internet or high-tech industries;
- A Master’s in Business, Science or Engineering with excellent academic track record;
- Excellent analytics and quantitative skills;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- A willingness to travel (25%).
Recruitment process and contact
Please apply directly online by means of uploading your resume and a cover letter.
We have no specific closing date, however we urge you to apply as soon as possible. After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a recruiter interview and business interviews. Pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Want to learn more about Philips Lighting?
Visit our website (http://www.lighting.philips.com) to see our exciting range of products and services. You can also view some of our videos here:
Wokring at Philips Lighting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSn_kIzewT4&feature=youtu.be&list=PLj9hU1O4UB00pjCsPYKv5TXJVQvcHhKGB
Connected Lighting: https://youtu.be/QcHwkPgAXBw
Consumer Home Lighting: https://youtu.be/lCv4r3wgsPQ
Commercial Buildings and Public Spaces: https://youtu.be/drbzcCffnHg
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Business Development Manager, Consumer Channel
Sean identifies new business opportunities in the market. He provides high-quality products throughout the marketplace for consumers to bring into their homes.
Back to top