Digital Interaction Designer (UX)
Job TitleDigital Interaction Designer (UX)
Everything starts with light. Light moves cities, carries information and comforts mind and body. Join Philips Lighting and make an impact on people's lives with light.
Since its launch in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
We have become the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smart home platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smarthings). Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that interoperate with our system.
Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue.
As an (Digital) UX Designer you will be working on improving existing Hue touchpoints and features as well take a front-seat to develop new upcoming features and aligning stakeholders and UX team members to deliver usability-tested pixel perfect screen designs with committed sprint-plannings. You are self-sufficient in your stakeholder management and organizational skills an can guide and coach our younger team members to improve their quality and efficiency.
Dive into user-data and define the most relevant user-stories while collaborating with product management & app/web development teams to finalize feature-scopes and set development requirements.
You will be part of a global Design community and will be based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. You will work in a cross-functional agile environment alongside UX team-members, system architects, developers, product designers and program managers and promote user-centricity through research, co-creation, prototyping, testing and iteration.
The Design function aims to deliver a coherent and excellent user experience, by leading change, understanding users and partners, sharing knowledge, building competence and creating guidelines, standards and assets for the design of digital Philips Lighting products.
You will work very closely with other designers in the creation of excellent SW/HW eco-systems and are expected to coach and help mature our junior team members.
We are looking for
The candidate that we are looking for obviously has a big passion for content! You are content minded and you love to talk about content and share this with others. Next to that, you have:
- Bachelor/Master's Degree from a reputed design institute in Interaction Design
- >4 years of relevant user-centered, interaction design experience in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Able to ideate, scope, define feature requirements, wireframe, flow-chart and prototype user flows.
- Able to establish connections with key stakeholders and can present/communicate convincingly.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure technical feasibility and be responsible for communicating designs/flows to developers for implementation
- Designing for (native) mobile applications (iOS/Android)
- Responsive Web Design
- You fully understand and are able to use relevant UX design tools like: Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision, Flinto, Axure RP, etc.
- Skilled in user research methods like: usability testing, co-creation, persona definition, user journey map. In a sense you are an evangelist of user-centricity and (service) design thinking.
- Ability to define, measure and act upon UX metrics and product analytics.
- You are proficient in English, can provide a strong portfolio and are passionate to raise the bar.
Additional skills that we love to see:
- You are up to date with latest web design trends and frameworks
- You are up to date with latest mobile app design trends and platform specific API's
- You like creating wireframes, flowcharts & user stories
- You can craft functional and/or beautiful clickable prototypes
- You have affinity with motion design and/or micr-interactions and have the capacity to prototype these animations in After Effects / Flinto
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting.
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume (in English) through the Philips career site- vacancy number 263875 .
Include a digital portfolio or link to your on-line portfolio, clearly showing your role(s) and responsibilities as well as your methodology.
Thrilled to know more about working @ Philips Lighting? Check out video
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top