DfX Expert Asia
Job TitleDfX Expert Asia
- Manage, define and guide large cost reduction projects (DFX Conventions / Value Engineering Workshops)
- Define and lead the regional Lighting organization driving forward DFX Conventions
- Ensure complete and timely visibility into financial convention results, and initiate follow-up / corrective action where needed
- Build organizational capability on DfX
- Track the DfX convention project pipeline and guide the Lighting teams to keeping it well-filled
- Strategically plan the most productive spots for new conventions and DfX Activities in Philips Lighting
You will be working closely with all of Philips Lighting businesses and new product development teams. You will be part of the central function working with a larger international group of people with similar and related roles and part of the functional Procurement pillar within the company.
Function is reporting to the Procurement Engineering DfX Lead Lighting and the position is a key role in the Lighting Procurement organization focused on optimizing our competitive position and expertise.
- A Bachelor's degree with industry / operations experience of 8-10+ years is required / A Master degree and less years of experience will be considered.
- rofessional experience in product development, product optimization/value analysis, leading R&D projects, or in technical supplier management is required.
- Experience in consulting is a strong plus (McKinsey, Bain, Booz Allen & Hamilton, etc.)
- A focus on the ability to be hands-on in the execution of this role is required.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain Models including the translation to cost and a solid financial background is required (e.g. P&L, budgets, etc.).
- Experience combining deep technical knowledge with outstanding analytical skills and has project management experience.
- Strong interest in technical solutions and problem solving in a wide array of industries, you possess great drive and creativity, and work well both on your own and in a team, you are confident, enthusiastic, personable, and mobile.
- E2E (End to End) experience/process improvement is a plus (black belt/lean training a plus)
- CPIM, APICS or related certifications a strong plus.
- Good sense of stakeholder management and the ability to work with multifunctional teams.
- Ability to travel, 30-50% for extended periods of time as needed is required
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Nick specializes in developing embedded software for Philips Lighting. He’s essentially responsible for implementing channels that connect hardware systems together.
Back to top