DevOps Engineer - Security Operations
As the DevOps Engineer you will be challenged to leverage your technical expertise to set up and maintain our Security Operations tools and platforms with a big accent on automation and integration. You will enable operational excellence, emphasizing visibility, detection speed, and providing contextual completeness for decision making and response. You will also have the opportunity to further advance your career in a company that believes in offering its employees the challenges and opportunities they need to grow professionally and personally. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
You will report directly into the Director, IT Security Operations of Philips Lighting. You will be a member of the SOC team, complementing and supporting the other IT Security Operations processes (Incident Management, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence and Operational Readiness).
This position is a key member of the Security Operations department within the IT Security Office. You will have a direct role enabling the Detect and Respond Security Operations processes to safeguard our information assets, supporting the business to move into the solutions and connected devices marketplace.
- Develop automation on the security tools and ticketing system to increase the detection and alerting speed and to ensure shorter response times within the IT Security Operations
- Engage with IT Security Operations teams to configure the tools based on defined use cases and other specific needs
- Proactively analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues within the security tools; Interface with supplier representatives to resolve issues;
- Perform routine system administration and maintenance and ensure documentation is kept current for supported systems
- Leads and contribute practically in key projects and POCs, ensuring their compatibility with the strategic direction
Philips Lighting is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services.
Our understanding of how lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces.
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We Are Looking For
- Passionate about quality, wants to make a difference
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collectively in a team environment
- Experience working with a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and within a Security Operations Center (SOC);
- Ability to be concise and clear in communication
- 3+ years working in a multinational environment
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing automation
- Scripting/programming ability with Yara, Python, Perl, etc
- Experience developing API integration between security tools
- Experience configuring and developing automation for ticketing systems (Service Now), SIEM solutions (LogRhythm), EDR and NIDS solutions
- Subject Matter Expert in SIEM event correlation, Vulnerability detection, and Security analytics
- Netflow and/or packet analysis experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of cyber-attack vectors, incident response, vulnerability analysis, and Security components of global IT infrastructures.
Recruitment process and contact
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible.
After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. Apply today.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top