Development Technical Assistant Electronics
Job TitleDevelopment Technical Assistant Electronics
Electronics Test Engineer/ Technical Assistant
As the Electronics Test Engineer/ Technical Assistant you are challenged by delivering Electronics support to the Development Engineer by executing and reporting the test-plan for power electronic circuits in the LED indoor and outdoor application domains.
- You assist the Development Engineer - Electronics in carrying out their work. This involves constructing - measurement setup and performing measurements thereon, building test circuits and testing them.
- You execute the test-plan (incl. performance, fault conditions, EMC, surge, safety)
- You carry out measurements for the release of new components, doing this in close consultation with appropriate Development Engineer – Component and Development Engineer - Electronics.
- You help the Development Engineer - Electronics in documenting the information on the (sub-) circuit(s). This includes the relevant data in each of the stages of development: diagrams, part lists, inspection and alignment instructions, specifications, circuit descriptions, logbooks, etc.
- You help to draw up and introduce change proposals (TeamCenter, SAP).
The team consists of 30+ electronic engineers with an average of B.Sc. education in the LED electronics domain. We have an open atmosphere, aimed at delivering products on-time with the right quality.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
We are looking for
To be successful in this role you have;
- Intermediate electronics education (MBO level, according to Dutch system)
- Experience in working in project teams
- Knowledge of hardware and software
- Knowledge of power components and circuits
- Knowledge of PCB layout (Mentor)
- Knowledge of electronic design techniques
- EMC, temperature, surge measurements
- Knowledge of the documentation system (TeamCenter)
- Experience with advising development engineers on root-causes resulting from measurements and tests
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We'll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we'll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 269293
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process, you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round.
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top