Job TitleDevelopment Engineer-Electrical
Electrical development of luminaires including subassemblies and components in line with user requirements and legal standards. Have capability to design/analysis electrical performance of luminaire, testing and release lamp/LED drivers/control units, programming testing and control software of luminaire and lighting system, propose electrical design to improve system efficiency.
- Review system requirements for products to be developed and give input / feedback concerning feasibility of electrical and system design.
- Develop the electronics of luminaires in line with requested functionality, performance, quality, reliability, safety, produce-ability
- Support competition and benchmarking activities by evaluating competitor products and by reviewing technological knowledge generated by for instance the Innovation Group or suppliers.
- Document technical specifications into complete Technical Product Documentation.
- Safeguard the functionality, performance, quality, reliability, safety, produce-ability and cost price of new modules, using techniques like DFSS, tolerance analysis, DFMEA and FMEA.
- Support Release of components and modules and support the release of the total product.
- Contribute to ideas for improvement of the existing product portfolio (quality, cost reductions, range extension, manufacturability)
- Implement agreed upon changes into updated detailed technical designs and specifications.
- Support Manufacturing in realizing product quality and process efficiency.
- Ensure consistency of electrical solutions within and if possible beyond application clusters (standardization and rationalization of technical solutions)
Bachelor or Master in electrical Engineering
Experience: Depends on the request
Strong analytical skills
Pro-active and taking initiative
Result oriented, focused and determined to finish actions
Team player, open for different views
Showing drive and perseverance
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top