Development engineer Thermal & Mechanics (m/f)
Job TitleDevelopment engineer Thermal & Mechanics (m/f)
Specifies and develops thermal management solutions for LED modules and supports the design in luminaires for outdoor and indoor lighting. Interact with multi physics disciplines like optics, electronics and mechanics. Supports architects in the definition of LED modules. Defines and implement processes and tools for simulations and characterization of new concepts. Contributes to technology roadmaps and drive advanced development projects to transfer new technologies in future LED module developments.
Key Areas of Responsability
- Propose, develop and validate thermal concepts and solutions in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Implement development processes to specify, develop and validate new LED modules and platform architectures achieving quality, reliability, performance, planning and cost objectives.
- Conduct competition analysis for benchmark reports.
- Responsible for the quality of prototypes and products
- Plan its own activities in line with the overall project plan and ensure timely completion or early warnings of delay.
- Participate to the definition and realization of advanced development programs.
- Safeguard the functionality, performance, quality, reliability, safety, manufacturability and cost price of new thermal solutions, using methodologies like DfSS, tolerance analysis, DfA and FMEA.
- Support purchasing organization during supplier choice.
- Initiate and follow technical suppliers relationships and prototypes makers.
- Define and setup equipment to test product compliance to specifications and standards.
- Ensure consistency of thermal solutions within and if possible beyond application clusters (standardization and rationalization of technical solutions).
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team contribute in providing information to other disciplines in an adequate and timely manner.
- Communicate clearly and pro-actively the support required to execute the allocated activities to team members and to the Development Manager.
People management :
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team contribute to establish an inspiring and challenging atmosphere and good working relationships.
Give and ask for feedback in a respectful way enabling continuous improvement
- Participate in continuous improvements in the way-of-working, tools, methods and product concepts.
- Incorporate the learning's from previous projects into new projects.
- Maintain a network of peers, participate and organize regular technical reviews to maintain state of the art in thermal discipline for LED lighting.
- Engineer, master 2 degree in thermal management
- Experience: at least 3 years in industrial environment
- Personal competencies : Strong analytical skills , Pro-active and taking initiative, Result oriented, focused and determined to finish actions, Team player, open for different views , Showing drive and perseverance, Accountable/Reliable , Quality driven
- Fluent in english and french
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top