Development Engineer Software
Job TitleDevelopment Engineer Software
- Understand system and software requirements, jointly define software feature building blocks according to platform setup and RSA availability
- Jointly define sprint planning and deliver according to plans to meet Product Development Process schedules, following embedded software process using best practices and tools
- Plan, develop, debug, test, release responsible tasks in scrum team following cadence
- Learn and adopt continuous improvement mindset to pursue operational excellence to deliver software on time with world class quality.
- Closely work with hardware engineers in HSI, building blocks verification and driver firmware release
- Closely work with software test engineers, system test engineers in test case definition and bug fixing
- Closely with software architect (Product owner) in architecture fulfillment and RSA development
- Work with global embedded software development team on common code base, platforms and common building blocks, and roadmap
- Take care of toolset, methodology and technology in wireless connected embedded software domain to secure product advantage and software quality.
- Bachelor or Master of software or electrical engineering, 5+ years' experience on embedded software development and product engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of embedded software programming language C and C#
- Configuration tool usage on SVN, GITS and Embedded operating system like open RTOS, (Linux optional)
- Experience in software unit testing (Cunit, Nunit), test case design and test plan creation.
- Experience in working with commercial teams, customers, partner or suppliers to deliver results
- Optional skills sets on design tool – enterprise architect; modeling language – UML; wireless connected product & lighting control system experiences
- Competence and experience with Scrum / Agile development
- Skills in problem solving, critical thinking, and clear communication
- Fluent in English
Expected travelling percentage: <10%
Meet Some of Philips Lighting's Employees
Sales Manager Public & Sports
Cor leads his team through the commercial landscape. He oversees product development, identifies new market opportunities, and determines optimal consumer potentials for the company.
Back to top